•33•

We got to Evan's house, and thankfully, Heidi was not home. I don't think she'd really like the idea of her son coming home a weeping mess accompanied by me, of all people.

Evan went straight for his room and plopped on his bed, face first. I sat beside him and put my hand on his head.

"Is this when we get arrested?" Evan asked sincerely. Poor kid, I scared him with all my law-talk early on in this endeavor.

But I couldn't lie to him, "Maybe."

Evan groaned and rolled over so he was on his back. "We screwed up, didn't we?"

I nodded, "Defiantly." I said casually. This is like the 97th time today I've tried to act casual while internally freaking out. "But it's in the past, now. We can't change it."

"I wish we could."

I nodded.

"Do you think Alana misunderstood something?" Evan asked after a split second of comfortable silence. "Like, why did she even hug us? We straight up broke the law and she comes down and hugs us?"

I shook my head, "I really have no clue. But I pray to god that she didn't misunderstand. Because then misinformation would be all over the blog by now."

Evan's face lit up and he pulled out his phone.

"Ah. Checking the blog." I stated.

"Nothing." He said after a moment.

"So she didn't post anyth-"

"No." Evan said, dumbfounded, "I mean, there is nothing."

What?

I crawled over to where Evan was and looked at his phone. Sure enough, nothing. Nothing other than a gray screen and "This webpage is nonexistent."

"Holy shit."

He went on to Twitter and scrolled to Alana's profile. She did tweet there, thank goodness.

Alana Beck
@Alana__Beck

We did it, everyone! We reached our goal of $50,000 for the Connor Memorial Orchard! We did it extremely fast, too! Two months before the deadline! You guys are awesome!

A thread.

We plan to have the Orchard back up and ready for visitors by next weekend, November 13th, to be exact. We hope that some of you come to visit! Thanks for helping us through this sad yet hopeful time.

Another.

That being said, the Connor Project is sort of being disbanded. The orchard was our goal, and we achieved that goal. I will be starting a webpage and a Twitter profile for the orchard once we get it set up.

Another.

Evan Hansen and Jared Kleinman have also decided to part with the Project and the Orchard. They may still help from time to time, but they no longer wish to be affiliated with the Project. They have done what they can, and we should all thank them for what they accomplished for the group!

And one last one.

Moving forward, I am excited to get the Connor Memorial Orchard into action and to see you guys there once it opens! Thank you all for the support you have given, and I hope you stick around for the grand opening!

"That's a lot of tweet." I said bluntly, and Evan stiffled a laugh."But who is she to just remove us from the equation like that? She didn't even ask!" I said.