Chapter 9

A/N:

Hey guys! In this chapter I'm going to be mentioning the name Miranda which was Lucias mother. So which means that Miranda was Wills (Lucias father) Mate. Just thought I'd let you all know just in case there was any confusion! Thank you for all your time and support. x

---------------------------------------------

Wills POV (Lucias father)

~ 3 hours earlier ~

"It's only a matter of time", Alpha Mike spoke, his eyes watching my face intently. "Either which way, Lucia is in danger".

I growled, pushing the chair backwards as I stood up. "You think I don't know that?" I asked, gritting my teeth together in anger. "You think I don't know that my daughters every move is being watched by those son of a bitches?"

Mike looked at me with narrowed eyes, his hands clasped together as he sat behind his large mahogany desk. Shaking my head, I turned my back on him and walked over to the window. I sighed as I glanced out into the dark night, briefly closing my eyes. Ever since that day when we went to the gathering at the Dark Moon Pack, things had diminished dramatically.

Before we went, Lucia was safe. She was unheard of and didn't draw any unwanted attention. That's all I wanted as her father. For her to feel safe and loved, not to be exposed to the danger and threats of the brutal outside world. I had wanted Lucia to come along with us to the Dark Moon Pack, thinking it would be a good experience, considering she's never been to another Pack. Now, I was sadly regretting my decision.

I reopened my eyes, eyeing the endless forest cautiously. It was a little bit after nine-thirty at night. It relaxed me to know that Luce was safely asleep at home.

I would be lying if I said last night didn't scare the abolute abolute crap out of me. Not being able to get to Luce in time, to help her, it angered me. I loathed myself for not protecting the most important thing to me in this world. I felt like I had let down my Miranda and that she will be dissapointed in me.

'No, she wouldn't', my Wolf growled, grief buried deep in his tone. 'She will be proud of us. We did all we could'. I swallowed thickly, the sudden lump in my throat made it hard for me to breath. I knew my Wolf was right, but I couldn't help but still feel guitly.

"She will be safer with his Pack", I spoke quietly after a few minutes of silence, my eyes trained on the dark obfuscous forest. My back was still turned to Mike, but I heard him move until I felt him stand few feet behind me. "His Pack is bigger-", I leant my hands on the window pane, my fingers unconsciously tightning against the wood. "-and stronger", I added truthfully. "The Dark Moon Pack will protect her, he will protect her".

Mike was silent behind me. I let go of the window pane and turned around to look at my Alpha. He stared at me with an impassive expression, his arms folded across his chest. I raised an eyeborw at him as he tilted his head back, watching me through narrowed eyes. "You're right", he said eventually, his eyes roaming my face. "But what changed your mind? A few hours ago you were ready to rip-", he paused, a look of hatred covered his features as he said the next word. "-Tristans head off for wanting to take Lucia".

I folded my arms and looked away from Mike, my eyes trained on the wall. "I changed my mind because I realised how much safer she would be there. It would be foolish and unfair of me to keep her from her Mate," my eyes darkened. "Like I could ever stop him". I scowled at the memory of Alpha Tristan in my living room a few hours earlier. "He is resolute to have her".