two

" You see, I met this cute guy through Instagram. He's only a year older than me and we both are from the same hometown. He talks so so sweet that I find myself melting like, his voice is heaven! " Eunbi squeals, jumping up and down like a little kid. She tries her best to calm down as she heedfully beat the eggs. But her inner self won't let her stop talking about this so-called cute guy.

" Alright, lady. What's the name of this cute guy and since when did you guys started talking to each other? " I asked, pouring the espresso on the cup before drizzling it with a caramel sauce, making it look more delicious.

" His name is Ethan, we started talking about eight months ago. " she replies, causing you to drop the bottle of caramel sauce harshly on the mat. Eunbi then stopped beating the egg, looking at you confusingly. " Why? "

You looked at her in disbelief before asking, " Eight goddamn months ago and you decided to tell this to me just now? Hello? Im Eunbi! I'm your bestfriend! I should've known this beforehand! " I scoffed, rolling my eyes angrily at her. This witch is so unbelievable. How dare she hide this secret from me, for eight months?

Does she not trust me? Like hell, I know what her bra's size is yet she kept that thing out of my wisdom? I'm so offended, Im Eunbi.

" I know, that's why I told you this now. Eight months late is better than not being able to know, Seo Y/N. Thus, he asked me to keep it a secret from everyone else. " Eunbi chuckles, nudging my sides. " So don't be mad. "

I looked at her suspiciously. " Alright, now tell me more. You're not giving enough information. " I bitchily said, taking out two lids before locking it over both cups. " Have you guys met in person already? "

" Uh no, but we get to see each other's faces through video calls and facetimes. He even gave me his phone number. " Eunbi replies, adding the beated eggs on the mixture. She looks at me weirdly before asking,

" How about you? When will you get yourself a man? I mean, you're already 23, don't you need a guy to sweeten up your life a bit? " Eunbi asks, side-eyeing me in a chaffering way.

" Definitely not in my to-do list, I'm not planning to find myself a man at the moment. " I nonchalantly replied, the thought of having someone to provide me love neither a good nor a bad idea. I've been in a relationship with someone before, and I didn't like the way how it ended. So I told myself that I won't ever fall in love again.

" Fine. But don't you ever blame me or ask for my help when you get old single and lonely. " she utters under the loud buzz of the mixer, in which I chuckled in response. She should stop trying now, she won't be able to change my mind anyway. All men do is break your heart. And that's a fact.

Mother is more than enough to give me the warmth and love a guy couldn't give me. Falling in love is literally falling, you'll feel so delighted and happy as you embrace the air but in the end, you'll fall on the ground in pain. A pain that wouldn't go away easily.

I'm not against love or anything, I just hate how people come into my life and make me feel special, only to leave me hanging on my hopes.

I hate how they enter my life peacefully and leave it ruined.

" Why is this topic suddenly directed to me? Aren't we talking about that guy you met online? " I whine, hastily yet cautiously placing the cups of caramel macchiato on the metal tray.

" I just got curious about your lovelife. But it seems like your life is so boring and plain. Can't you at least try and let someone be the reason of your joy? "

I sigh. I don't want anyone new in my life. Mother and Eunbi is enough for me to be happy and contented. I don't need a guy to give me both delight and emotional pain. They suck.