22 || Hunted

Beginne am Anfang

When she saw me coming over to play umpire with her, she almost tore my arm off from pulling me close. "I'm so glad you're here. I feel like Rosalie is going to crack my skull open with the bat. Do you know why she hates me so much?"

"We literally haven't seen each other for three days, and all you have to say to your twin is that? I feel used."

I yelped when she pinched me. "I'm being serious. I don't know what I did."

"Have you tried asking her," I grumbled, rubbing my side.

"Have you seen how she looks at me? I think I'd be killed if I came even two inches near her."

"Well, asking is generally the only way to getting an answer to a question."

"Don't be a smart ass."

"It's time," Alice announced excitedly. The first batter was Rosalie. Bella and I stood behind Esme.

The teams were Edward, Alice, Emmett, against Carlisle, Jasper, Rosalie. Esme played as a neutral catcher until someone else switched out with her.

Jasper stood over to the side, waiting his turn. He kept doing a bunch of cool tricks with the bat. Flipping it whichever way he wanted, all the while giving me a handsome smirk. "Watch you hit yourself in the face," I mouthed, smirking. I knew it would be impossible for him to make such a blunder. My boyfriend was the most perfect guy to ever exist.

Rosalie's powerful hit made a cracking sound that echoed across the forest. It was like the sound of thunder.

"I see now why you need the thunder," Bella said, growing just as excited as me. We both watched Rosalie race across the plates. Edward ran for the ball. "That's gotta be a home run, right?"

Esme shook her head unsurely. "Edward is very fast."

Indeed he was. Eddie Boy had managed to throw that small ball at the speed of a bullet. Even more impressive was how Esme caught it effortlessly and tagged a sliding Rosalie. Everyone looked to my hesitant twin for confirmation.

"You're out."

Emmett's obnoxious cheering did not help. Rosalie stood up, glaring angrily at my sister. "Don't be a sore loser." I laughed, trying to switch her attention to something else. "Next time tiger."

She bumped shoulders with Bella, dropping everything with that. Carlisle consoled her before taking his spot. Just like his daughter, he released a deafening sound of thunder then took off like lightening. He knew how to play his sons. His hit had the ball fly calculatingly in the middle of Edward and Emmett. The two leaped for the ball then crashed back down.