Chapter 28: Home Sweet Home

A few weeks passed as we all fell into a more routine schedule. Ashton had taken Danny under his wing and they were nearly inseparable. Danny had finally come around to the idea that no one here was going to have any sort of judgment towards him and realized Ashton wanted more from him than just a casual hook up.

While I didn't ask, and he didn't offer, I was pretty sure Ashton had already shown him what he was capable of in his playroom. He seemed very attached to Daniel and I was relieved to see that they both seemed to fit together. Daniel had fight in him and Ashton liked taking control of that fight.

Aaron and I had scenes together often and he was working on teaching me new techniques in the playroom but oftentimes I got lost in his demonstrations and acted innocent so he would teach me a different lesson instead.

I had been with multiple people since the Gala as I trained next to Aaron in order to become a mistress in this atmosphere, but I never really felt the need to control things the way he did. I had opened up to the idea of him working with multiple submissives again as long as he remained open and honest with me about the different aspects of things he was teaching them.

As I laid in bed next to Aaron, I listened to the steady beating of his heart while I felt his chest rise and fall beneath my head. It was early Saturday afternoon and nothing was planned for today. We had agreed to lay in bed and watch movies until we came up with something else.

"I love you," I whispered. He glanced down at me and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"I love you, too, my dear. Are you happy that your friend is here?"

"I am," I sighed, "So many things have changed since I have come here. I can see that more and more when I watch him with Ashton. He was so tentative at first, afraid almost. So much like me when I first walked through your doors." I sat up in the bed and he pulled himself up as well to lean against our headboard.

"Is that a bad thing?" Aaron questioned, curious as to where my thoughts were headed.

"No. It's just a lot. We have been together for nearly a year now and yet it feels like no time has passed. Between training with you and the guys, I feel like I have become an entirely different person. Like, sometimes, I don't even feel like me. Had I never met you again, I wouldn't be this version of myself and I probably would have been sold to some creepy man who would have used me up and thrown me out and--"

"Breathe," Aaron placed his hands on my shoulders, "You are starting to hyperventilate. You are safe and sound here so just calm down."

So many horrible things could have happened had I never walked through those doors. I would never have fallen in love with the man in front of me or had the opportunity to meet Cassy. I would never have had the chance to understand the realities of this lifestyle. I wouldn't be me.

I placed my hand on top of his as I regained my composure, "You have made me better."

A smile tugged at the corner of his lips, "No, love, you've just developed. I might have sped that process along, but your natural needs would have come out and you eventually would want a man to be a little rougher and tougher on you."

His soft lips pressed against mine and I took in every sensation that it sent through me and I felt my heartbeat just a little bit faster. Sometimes Aaron made me feel like I was the hero in the story. He made it seem like I was the one who would save everyone and that he was merely the sidekick, but I never envisioned it like that.

He was the hero and I had been the damsel in distress that he rescued from some faraway land and brought back to his castle. He had taught me how to slay my own demons and his friends--my friends-- taught me that sometimes it's more about perspective than reality.