I'm Swooning Over Here

Song: Toosie Slide by Drake

Jake's POV

"I need you to run errands for me today and this weekend," my dad says, pulling me into his office the next morning, after Emma got out of the hospital.

"Alright." I take a seat across from his desk, as he goes through papers.

"Kyle Prince hasn't paid up. You and Quinton are going to find his kid, he goes to your school."

"Howie Prince?" I snort. "He's a scrawny little nerd, dad."

"His dad owes me money. You're gonna rough him up a bit. Got it?"

"Got it. Anything else?" I ask, standing up.

"Yeah, Liam and Logan are heading over soon. Kian is already here, and Quinton just got here. We need to have a meeting. About Nathan Carter."

"Alright. I figured that was coming. What else?"

"You have training in the morning. I know you're staying home with Emma until she moves in with her mother, but you're going to use that time well."

"Alright. Same time? Six?" I walk towards the door.

"Yes. Monte will be in to do your training. Dismissed." I sigh, stepping out of the office. I hate Monte with a fucking passion.

Ever since I met him when I was thirteen, he's been a complete asshole. He doesn't think I'm deserving of being leader one day, all because of some trouble I got into a long time ago. My own dad has gotten over it, but this prick is determined to take me down. And dad doesn't fucking care.

I go back up the stairs, and head to the room Emma has been staying in. I actually ended up sleeping in there with her, since she had another nightmare about her dad. Without knocking, I open the door, expecting her to still be asleep.

Instead, I freeze, when I see her pulling her bra straps over her shoulders, and tries to fasten it. She lets out a sigh, and grabs her phone, holding her bra to her chest.

"Need some help?" I ask. She jumps, and turns to look at me.

"Yeah, actually. I was about to text you." She holds her phone up, with a message open to me. I walk over to her, and she turns around.

"Which one do you want it on?" I grab both ends of her open bra.

"Um, the middle one, please." I graze my fingertips over her bare skin, earning a shiver from her. I can't help but enjoy the reactions I get from her.

I fasten her bra, letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding in. It fans across her back, and she shivers again. "All done," I whisper.

"Thank you," she responds, sounding breathless. She hands me her blue long sleeved shirt, and I help her put that on as well.

"I have a meeting to go to soon. Are you gonna be okay without me for a bit?" I tease, making her blush.

"Yes. Dee and Kira are coming over." She smiles. I know she's missed seeing her friends every day, so I'm glad she gets to see them today. "What's the meeting about?"

"Good. You need to see people other than me. I'm sure you're sick of me by now," I say in a joking tone, but I'm slightly worried she actually is sick of me. I also avoid answering about the meeting, in case she isn't supposed to know.

She steps closer to me, an eyebrow raised. "It's not possible to get sick of looking at that face." She waves her hand in front of my face, making me laugh.

"You just like having me around for my looks." I fake pout, knowing that's not even close to true for her.

"It's an added bonus for the rest of you. Charming, smart, funny, and kind? I'm swooning over here."

I'm taken back by her boldness, she usually isn't so open like this. It's really fucking hot. I like this flirty side of her. Snapping out of my shocked state, I smirk. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were flirting with me. I'm not that easily seduced."

She places a hand on my chest, and looks up at me through her lashes. "No?" She pulls her bottom lip into her mouth, and I'm done for.

I gently push her up against the wall, my hands on either side of her head, blocking her in. "If I didn't have a meeting right now, and you weren't recovering, that sexy mouth of yours would have a whole different set of noises coming out of it."

"Rain check?" she asks, sounding breathless.

"Absolutely." With a final look into her eyes, I push away from the wall, and walk out of her room. Fuck. I need to cool down before going to that meeting. It would be pretty awkward going into my dads office with an erection.

I take a quick shower, then get dressed, and head down to my dads office. The door is open, so I step inside, and take a seat across from his desk. It's a few minutes until the meeting starts, and all the guys are starting to show up.

"Alright. Let's get started." Once the clock hits nine, he's ready to go. Kian, who's standing by the door, shuts it once the last few stragglers come through it. "Kian, you're up."

Kian clears his throat, and steps forward. "So. We all know that Nathan Carter was arrested for the abuse he did to his daughter, Emma Carter. He has recovered from the gunshot wound he received from our very own Jake Cantelli, and was transported to the city jail this morning."

"How long of a sentence is he getting?" my father asks him.

"That is to be determined. They have enough evidence to keep this out of court, but his lawyer is meeting with him this afternoon. They're thinking two to five years. Which would end up being about half of that, and if he follows the rules, he'll likely be out in nine months."