Chapter 3- Malfoy says the truth

Hermione avoided everyone later that day, she didn't want to draw attention, everyone knew what happened to her parents, every time she passed someone in the corridor they would whisper an apology to her, most importantly she wanted to avoid Draco Malfoy, she never hated him as much as she did now.

"Hermione, here's the work you missed in Potions, Malfoy wasn't in class either" Ron says giving Hermione some homework "I don't care about what Malfoy is doing" Hermione says standing up and walking over to the lit fireplace in the common room, she stared down at the fire not paying attention to other Gryffindors entering the common room, Hermione stands out and walks out the Gryffindor common room, but she ran into Malfoy.

"Great, out of all people it had to be you" Hermione says rubbing her right arm, before she could walk away Malfoy grabs her wrist and pulls her into a near by empty classroom "look we need to talk" Malfoy says guarding the door "there is nothing to talk about, I really don't want to talk to you" Hermione says crossing her arms "my parents didn't-" "kill my parents, oh please, just justify they did already" Hermione says "they didn't, the night your parents were murdered my parents were at home" Draco says but Hermione just rolls her eyes "really think I would believe that, now stop being childish and let me go, I have stuff to do" Hermione says pushing Draco away from the door and waking out the classroom but Draco follows her "listen here Granger, I don't like being nice but I also don't like being the bad guy, I'm parents didn't kill yours, I'm sure the order did" Draco says but Hermione stops in her tracks and turns around "what?" hermione asks "I'm sure the order did, after all the attacks on the other muggle family's the order were worried in case you were next, so they made sure you were out the house by the time they killed your parents, or they killed your parents so death eaters can't get information out of them about you" Draco says but all he gets from Hermione was a slap "that's stupid, the order would never do anything like that" Hermione says turning back around and walking away to the Gryffindor common room.

Hermione entered the common room and slammed her fists down on the table infront of Harry and Ron "back already? You just left" Ron says but he looked at Hermione and saw tears in her eyes "Hermione what happened?" Harry asks "Malfoy, he thinks the order killed my parents" Hermione says but before anyone could say anything a voice come from the portrait hole "Potter, Weasley, my office now" Professor McGonagall says as the boys walk out leaving a crying Hermione.

They enter her office to see Dumbledore, Snape, Lupin, Molly and Arthur.
"Mum, Dad? What are you two doing here?" Ron asks "take a seat boys we need to tell you two something, but what we are going to tell you, you can't tell anyone, especially Hermione" Molly says "so I'm guessing you two know about Hermiones parents?" Lupin says as the boys nod their heads "well, they weren't murdered by the Malfoys, they were murdered by the ministry" Dumbledore says as Harry and Ron look at each other "why?" Ron asks "to protect Hermione of course, if the death eaters got to her parents they could of gave information about Hermione or most likely you Harry, so we had to make sure Hermione wasn't in the house when the order killed her Parents, they blamed the Malfoy family because they are known as Death eaters" Molly says "but Hermione will find out, Malfoy is trying to tell her that, she thought it was a lie, so did we until now" Ron says "she won't, if she does she will most likely turn away from us, she won't Believe Malfoy don't worry" McGonagall says "Keep her away from Malfoy from now on boys" Arthur says as Harry and Ron nod.