Chapter 14

I just want to start by saying RIP to Helen McCrory, you will be missed dearly.

Snape enters the Great hall, rushing over to Draco and Blaise who sat at the Slytherin table away from everyone else.

"What were you thinking Malfoy" Snape says, holding a letter in his right hand.

"It's the only way I can return home and see Granger" Draco says.

"That's not your home, this is your home!" Snape says as he starts to raise his voice as eyes from the other Slytherins were looking at the scene.

"Home is wherever she is! Now going back to my letter please Professor take me there, I need to see her please" Draco says, Snape slams the letter in front of Draco and starts to walk away but stops and turns to Draco

"I'll talk to Dumbledore and be in the common room later tonight to tell you if you may go" Snape says walking out the great hall

"You can't be serious bro, back to Malfoy manor where the dark Lord is.. you will get-" "killed.. no I won't, my mother is there I will be safe." Draco says cutting off Blaise.

Draco and Snape arrive at Malfoy Manor as the sky is dull, clouds grey ready to let the rain out. They hurry inside as they feel spits of rain coming down every second. As they enter the manor they are greeted by Narcissa Malfoy who brings Draco into a tight hug.

"Thank you Severus for bring him here safe" Narcissa says, Snape nods in response.

"Where is she Mother, where is Granger?" Draco asks, Narcissa smiles

"She's upstairs in the room across from yours, asleep, she's alright though don't worry" Narcissa says, Draco nods and starts to head upstairs, he enters his bedroom and starts to unpack. As he unpacks he hears footsteps behind him, he turns around and sees Hermione standing in the doorway looking right at him. Draco drops his wand out his hand and smiles as he runs to her and hugs her tight. However Hermione didn't like this, even though his touch brought her warmth and comfort she didn't like being in the arms of someone she once trusted who turned against her and failed her like everyone else did. She pushes him off her and slaps him across the face.

"What are you doing here? How did you get here? Why did you hug me? I hate you" Hermione says Rampling on and on, Draco looks up at Hermione and starts to laugh, Hermione looks at him and crosses her arms over her chest.

"What's so funny?" Hermione asks

"It's just, this reminds me of when we were kids, 3rd year when you punched me. Snape brought me here. I came for you" Draco says, Hermione raises an eyebrow

"For me?" Hermione asks

"Everyone is so worried and when we got told you didn't want to come back I knew I had to come myself, I miss you Granger, you aren't safe here. I know I hurt you and I'm truly sorry and I would do anything for you to forgive me but please.. just go back to hogwarts.. please" Draco says, he takes Hermiones hand in his as he looks into her chocolate brown eyes

"Anything?" Hermione asks, looking down at her hand in his

"Yes anything.."
"Alright, leave then, go back to Hogwarts and leave me alone" Hermione says pulling her hand out of his and walking into her room slamming her door shut.
Draco stares at Hermiones door for a few seconds then turns around, he slides down his bedroom wall as his head falls into his knees, all he wants is to protect her.

About an hour later Draco decides to check up on Hermione, he walks into her room to see her on her bed reading a book. He smirks and gives out a little laugh, Hermione looks up at him and rolls her eyes.

"What now Malfoy, I thought I told you to go back to Hogwarts" Hermione says going back to reading her book.

"I'm not leaving without you Granger" Draco says closing the door behind him as he walks over to her bed looking around the room.

"What's your problem Malfoy? why do you want me to come back so badly. Everyone has left me, everyone has let me down. I trusted you and you hurt me" Hermione says, Draco looks at her and instantly ignores her question

"Do you remember 1st year, on the Hogwarts express you came into my carriage asking if I've seen a Toad because Longbottom lost his. You had well messy hair and so much confidence, you were determined to find his toad before he stopped at Hogwarts, I didn't even know you and I knew instantly where you would end up in the future, but it wasn't like this Granger. You need to return to Hogwarts" Draco says, Hermione throws her book on the floor in rage.

"Yes I remember that day perfectly, it's the same day I found out how much of a bitch you are Malfoy. Now leave and don't try to change my mind! I made my decision" Hermione says, she walks out her room and heads downstairs, Draco follows her only to see his Father and Mother sitting on the sofa.

"Draco your back home" Lucius says to Draco but doesn't move from his seat, Draco nods his head in response as Hermione sits down next to Narcissa.
"I hope you are treating Miss Granger alright, she deserves it you know after everything she has been through" Lucius says, Draco nods.

"The dark Lord is coming later Draco, he is very disappointed in you for not completing your task to collect Miss Granger" Lucius says, Hermione instantly sat up straight looking at Lucius to Draco in confusion.

"What task?" Hermione asks, Lucius and Narcissa look at each other for a second then at hermione and Draco.

"Draco didn't tell you? He had a task by the dark Lord to make sure he can become a true death eater" Lucius says, Hermione looks at Draco.

"Y-You are a death eater?" Hermione says, Draco nods slowly. Hermione looks down at the floor for a second then gets up, she walks past Draco but he grabs her wrist.
"I was told to bring you here so that's why I got close with you but I felt sorry for you and understood why so many people like you, I like being your friend Granger, I like what we had. I didn't want to hurt you so I didn't complete the task" Draco says, Hermione gets tears in her eyes, she pulls her arm away and looks into Draco's eyes

"You don't like being my friend, you liked the idea of me, you liked the idea of having me as a friend as all your other friends are horrible people. But you know what.. you should of brought me here.. your parents have shown me more kindness in a small amount of time then you, Ron and Harry have in years" Hermione says as she storms off to her room.