"Oh I get it! It'll be easier for us all to get back here with the Millennium festival as an excuse" Hilda said excitedly.

A purple haired man spoke up "How true, and as the new leader of the alliance, I will certainly have occasion to attend and pay my respects to Lady Rhea" he said while staring at Claude, for a brief moment it looked like Claude was about to tell him off but instead there was a scoff from Lysithea.

"Lorenz" she began "That almost certainly will not transpire" Lysithea said bluntly, and that was enough to shut him up.

Claude let out a laugh, he then turned to Byleth "And you, Byleth? I guess it's hard to imagine what it is you'll be doing five years from now" he began "But I'm sure no matter where you end up, you'll come running to see this adorable little Golden Deer again, right?" he added.

Byleth thought about it for a moment then replied "Probably so".

Claude shifted uncomfortably for a moment "Ahem... that was your cue to promise everyone you'll return, Go on set a good example, Byleth. If you promise then everyone else will too" he said.

Dimitri let out a laugh "He's right, after all you are the heart of the Blue Lions, and I'd love for you to be there as well" Dimitri said.

Byleth sighed "I'll be there" she said.

Dimitri and Claude both smiled at her response "Good, then it's settled" Dimitri began "Of course... if something happens and I'm not able to attend" he began to say, but Byleth cut him off.

"You have to attend," Byleth said.

"It's true! I'm sure being a King will keep you busy, but it's still a bit early to be backing out of this plan, don't you think? Mercedes added.

"Yes... I suppose you're right" Dimitri sighed "I'm sorry you have my word, I will return as well, Count on it" he added.

"It's settled then, What do you say Claude? Is it official?" Hilda asked, looking towards Claude.

"The promise is sealed!" Claude shouted and a few cheers from the classmates ensued "That means we are all obligated to keep it, one day all of us will meet again at the monastery" he added. After the attention of the conversation shifted to someone else Claude looked to Byleth " Don't forget it Byleth, you and I will meet here again..." Claude said, and she nodded in agreement.

The two classes combined chatted amongst one another for a bit before people began to leave. "Oh Byleth" Mercedes called out as she was heading for the door "We are going to be getting ready together for the ball tomorrow" Mercedes said while gesturing towards Annette, Hilda, and Ingrid. "I know earlier we said we'd go to Ingrid's room but instead we're meeting in my room" Mercedes added "Won't you join us?" she asked with a sincere smile.

"Of course" Byleth said "I'd love to" she added.

"Great! We'll see you tomorrow morning!" Mercedes said and then left for the night and Byleth did the same.

(The Day of the Ball)

Byleth woke up to multiple voices outside of her door "Byleth!" they chanted in union. Byleth slowly got up.

"My, you have quite the crowd for you this morning" Sothis said.

"It's because of the ball" Byleth replied to Sothis "I told them last night that I would join them in getting ready together" she added as she headed to the door then swung it open.

Mercedes let out a little laugh when Byleth revealed herself from behind the door "I was beginning to worry that you had forgotten" she said, Byleth looked and saw that everyone was already gathered and they were just waiting on her.