Quarantine Series-Part 2

Start from the beginning

"Oh, it wasn't a few months. It's icecream from four years ago. He has it for desert along with his soupy cake."

"Oh my god. He's going to give himself food poisoning."

"Oh definitely. And with that lovely image in your mind...what do you want to eat?" Alex said opening the fridge.

"I can cook for myself," you said, getting up and grabbing some eggs out of the fridge.

"Seriously? Eggs and cinnamon raisin toast again?"

"You can't mess with a perfect meal," you said, popping the bread in the toaster.

"Alright. Just don't use up all my good jam." He walked over to coffee pot and poured himself a cold mug of coffee. You moved to the side so that he could pop his mug in the microwave right above the stovetop you were using to cook your eggs.

The two of you hung out in the kitchen while you cooked and ate, just enjoying eachother's company. You barely said anything to eachother the entire time, but it wasn't awkward silence. It was a comfortable, familiar silence that the two of you were finding yourselves in quite a bit now that you were always around eachother. After a while, Alex suggested a movie night. He said he had a movie he had been wanting to watch for a while, but he was waiting for the right company.

"Sounds good to me. I'll just go grab George," you told him, standing up.

"Oh, right. George," Alex said, more to himself than you. "Yeah, I'll set it up while you do that."

You went and knocked on George's door gently. When you didn't get a response, you knocked again, much louder but not quite pounding. A moment later the door opened and there stood a very sleepy, messy-haired George.

"Hey, y/n," he answered, leaning against the door frame with his eyes half open. "What's up?

"Alex wanted to watch a movie. Did you wanna come join us?"

"Ya, sounds good," he said, running a hand through his messy bed hair.

You both joined Alex on the couch, George sitting between the two of you. You saw that he had put on the newest Annabelle movie.

"Oh no. No no no no. You know I can't do horror movies. Especially Annabelle," you said, starting to stand. "Don't you remember what happened the last time we saw one of these."

"Ya," George laughed. "You cried so hard one of the ushers had to ask you to leave. It was hilarious."

"Maybe to you, but I had to sleep with all the lights on for a week. My roommates hated me," you said.

"C'mon. What're you, a pussy?" George teased.

"Sure, ya. I'm a pussy. I can't watch this stupid doll movie. I'm sorry, I just can't," you replied, already a little freaked out just remembering that last movie.

"Just try to watch it? Listen, if you can't make it through the first half hour, we'll watch whatever you want," Alex said.

"Fine. But if you go back on this I swear to god we're gonna watch the same comedy special over and over again for the rest of however long this quarantine is," you agreed. Alex pressed play, and you made popcorn in the microwave as an excuse to no watch the screen for a little bit. You came back with the popcorn still in the bag it came in. George reached to grab a handful, and you moved the bag as far away from him as possible.