The Problems Begin

Hello everyone! New chapter here. I will reveal what creature Luffy is in the next chapter, which is the last. If you already know, please don't spoil it in the reviews.

Anyways, enjoy the chapter~

Something was wrong. Thatch was waking up and knew something was wrong. He couldn't figure it out before he looked to the side to see Luffy. Still in his monster form. And the sun had risen awhile ago. Luffy looked completely fine, just sleeping. But he should be a human right now! He always woke up in human form after the sun rose.

Thatch became paranoid quickly and gently woke Luffy up. He opened his big eyes and looked around, confused about the sunlight streaming through the porthole window. Luffy in this form had seen the sun only once. And that time was when he automatically shifted to save himself after Teach dropped him overboard. But he hadnt really had time to think about the abnormal color of the sky from his terror of being chased and captured.

He stood up and leaned against the wooden wall and looked outside the open window to see a light blue sky. What was the yellow thing that made his vision turn purple? He blinked, trying to get the mysterious purple dots out of his eyes.

Luffy looked at Thatch in obvious confusion. The man did his best to hide his worry and panic. "Have you never seen the day before?" he asked, trying to change the subject to keep his mind off of the worry about Luffy's wellbeing. Luffy shook his head, and jumped off the bed to bound to the door. He had no idea something was wrong, and just wanted to go outside to see the day.

Thatch was unsure of what to do. He had to go cook breakfast, and he would need to take Luffy with him. How would everyone react to seeing this little creature hanging out in the dining room and kitchen? The commanders had seen him, but no one else besides Teach. Whitebeard hadn't even seen him because Thatch decided Luffy wasn't ready to meet such an intimidating and massive man after being scared of the others and unable to leave the room.

But the others... well, they wouldn't know what their reaction would be unless they tried.

Thatch dressed as Luffy attempted to unlock the locked bedroom door. He couldn't get a good grip with his little feet/hands. He scratched at it and thumped his hands against the wood.

"I'm coming," Thatch said patiently. He unlocked the open door and followed Luffy at brisk pace as the little one ran. Of course he was very slow thanks to his age and very short legs. He could smell the sea coming from down the hallway and followed that until they reached a door with sunlight streaming through the crack below it.

"Gotta be quiet, okay?" Thatch asked kindly. After all, there were bedrooms not far from the doors to the deck. Luffy nodded and impatiently waited for the door to be open. When it was, Luffy went running out and looked everywhere in wonder. He ran to the side of the ship and looked down at the water, and then ran across the deck to the other side to see if the water on this side was different from the other.

After running around for a bit, he flopped down on the floor and laid in the warm sunlight. Thatch had almost completely stopped worrying about human Luffy being sick, but was still concerned about the boy still not in human form. What was causing it?

Thatch checked his watch to see it was time to start making breakfast with the other cooks who were no doubt in the kitchen already. They were all kind people, so Thatch wasn't worried about how they would react to this current version of the child.

"Time to go get make breakfast, Luffy," the man said, crouching in front of the little monster. His eyes widened and he jumped back up. "Have you never had breakfast before?" he asked, wondering how he'd been treated at the marine base if he'd never gotten to try food at any time in this form. Well, today would be a first considering Luffy had shaken his head.