I Fall out of an Airplane

Unconsciousness is a funny thing. It feels exactly like nothing, because you're unconscious. I woke up quite vexed, partially because I just got beaten so badly by another person my age. I was also frustrated that they stuck medication in me. Any sedatives could mess up my reaction time, which could ruin my life down in Area 14.

Then I remembered why I was here. The mystery girl, the flying vehicle, and me drifting into unconsciousness- I was being kidnapped! I instantly tried to get up from the cot I was laying in, only to realize that I was strapped down with metal shackles on my legs and chest. Shoot, I thought. If I could just get  my other knife from my other boot, I could pick myself out of the shackles. 

And so after a few minutes of contorting, I managed to grab the knife.  Then, click, click, SNAP, and the chest restraint was off. Soon after, I was off of the cot, ready to fight my way out of this aircraft.

I I shoved open the door, hoping there were no armed guards in the hallway. After all, a kid with a knife could only do a certain amount with a guy with a machine gun. Instead, I simply find a dark hallway with no people inside. I run through the hallway, silently thanking my captors for having bad security.

I took a right, quite honestly guessing where the exit would be. Unluckily for me, I saw the girl who brought me up here in the first place. I stand there for a moment, cursing my bad luck. Then I burst into full charge, throw out a well placed punch at her jaw, and keep going. "We've got a runner!" I hear her shout into her intercom. I knew at that point there would be trouble.

I keep running, not bothering to check if there were guards behind me. I then saw a window, and before my brain could tell me how stupid my idea was, I went for it. I used my elbow to shatter the glass and started free-falling to the ground below. I could only assume how high up I was, probably about 30,000 feet up. This is not going to end well, I think.

A couple of minutes later, I could see the ground starting to form beneath me. "This is how I die, I guess!" I yelled into the howling wind, though my words were quickly swept away. The ground was quickly approaching closer and closer. Then, I felt something grab onto my back. I kept falling but slower, until I was suspended three feet in the air. I looked behind me to see what had happened, and I couldn't believe my eyes. It was the girl.

She had some sort of hovering device on her back, something that I believed to only have existed in stories. "You idiot!" she yelled into my ear. We were trying to save your life, and what do you do? You jump out of our airplane! Stupid, stupid, stupid!" She dropped me on the ground, and I planted my chin into the soft grass. It still hurt.

I looked up at her, confused. "So you weren't kidnapping me, then? It kind of seemed like kidnapping, with the stealth attack and the tranq. Seriously, you expect me to think that you are saving me?"

"No, we were saving you. The Oppressors were about to get you, and they had already sent scouts. If we hadn't gotten you out of those slums, you would be dead and the world would be destroyed. Now, we have what we need so the world won't be destroyed. Thanks, you're a hero." She started flying away with her hover pack.

"What are you doing?" I asked. 'If I helped you save the universe, shouldn't you let me back on the ship? I won't survive all out here alone," I said, quite in dismay. She was seriously going to leave me here, after all the lengths they went to to get me?

She started flying up, so I had to think. We had landed in a clearing right next to a forest. If I could just find a vine-

I looked at one, and without worrying about its integrity, threw it up on her hover pack, hoping it would get caught. Luck was in my side, because it snagged between her back and the pack. Perfect.

As she flew higher, I started to go up as well. Being suspended midair with a vine isn't the most comfortable way to travel, but it worked. Soon enough, I was back on the plane, though now I was a stowaway.

As I was going to get my daily ration of scrap food from the dining hall, however, things didn't go so well. I sneaked up to where the kitchen was, grabbed a handful of something, and scurried away. I felt a lot like a rat at that point in time.

Anyways, the chef walked into the kitchen, looked at the food he was preparing, noticed the fist-sized crater in the middle of it,and immediately was suspicious. He looked around the room, which I still hadn't managed to get out of (It was a big kitchen, all right?), and then he locked eyes with me. "Boss, we've got a stowaway," he said as he lifted his arm to his mouth, meaning that his intercom was on his wrist. Good to know.

I bounced out of the corner I was hiding in, punched the chef in the back of the head, and lifted up his arm. In the manliest voice I could muster, I said into the intercom, "False alarm, just a few rats," I said into the mic, hoping that it was convincing. "Gotcha," was the reply.

I ran from the kitchen to somewhere else. It was only a matter of time before someone found me, right? There wasn't exactly a ton of room on this plane. I decided to go back where I broke out of as a place I could hide.

When I opened the door, I couldn't believe my eyes.

I saw my father.

A.N. Hey guys! How was THAT for a cliffhanger? I just had to do something annoying for y'all, sorry. Did you like this chapter? Please tell me any suggestions or things in the comments! This chapter is dedicated to leelifoster! Thanks, and have an awesome day!