"We have to go back." She demanded, frantically searching for Uraraka and Midoriya in the evacuating crowd. When he didn't respond, (Y/n) became more frantic. "Bakugou, turn around! I'm not leaving them there to die!"

Beneath them, Kirishima whined sadly as he continued to fly away from the town. He too wanted to return to help his friends, but couldn't do so without Bakugou's permission.

"Bakugou, if you do this, I'll never forgive you." (Y/n) growled at him, disgust smeared on her face. He stared at her with his piercing red eyes, his face void of all emotion, before he turned his gaze back to stare dead ahead at the horizon. Not once did he look back at the chaos behind them.

"Then don't." His voice was sharp and curt, uncaring and apathetic. It made her cringe inside and her whole body go numb.

"No. No, you can't do this- you can't. I won't let you- I won't-" Her voice trailed off into a sob, "Just go back. Please just go back. I beg you. Please..."

If he was listening to her, he didn't show it. His eyes were harshly trained forward.

"I hate you." (Y/n) whispered, sobbing as the town faded from view. All that was left was a large cloud of smoke looming ominously in the sky. Bakugou inhaled sharply, his brows creased and his eyes narrowed slightly, but he remained silent. No matter what she said or did, he wasn't planning on going back.

They flew for hours, and by the time they found a safe place to land, (Y/n) had no tears left. She felt hollow, and she stared at Kirishima's scales while he flew, deep in thought.

The terrain had turned from a desert into a large forest. The trees were smaller than the ones in Elmont and brighter. The ones back home were tall, dark, and the leaves looked like tiny needles, but these leaves were large and flat, soft-looking.

As soon as Kirishima's large clawed feet hit the ground, (Y/n) was already climbing off of and heading back in the direction on the town.

"Where are you going?" Bakugou huffed, sliding down from the dragon. His feet hit the ground with a loud thud. (Y/n) glared at the floor, climbing over fallen tree trunks and debris. The birds were already singing in the early morning light as she stormed angrily through the forest.

"Idiot, you can't just walk back there!"

(Y/n) didn't even give the decency of looking at him, she simply continued to wander off into the trees.

Bakugou ran his hands through his messy hair in frustration, "Goddammit, (Y/n), look at me!"

"You left them to die." (Y/n) turned around, biting her lips to stop herself from raising her voice. Bakugou snorted angrily, clicking his tongue,

"We would have been dead too! You don't realise how powerful they are, they would have shown us no mercy had we stayed!"

"It would have been better than doing nothing." (Y/n) shook her head at him in disbelief, "You didn't even try!"

"I do what I have to do in order to survive." Was his blunt response.

"And what about if it were me?" She stared at him as he stood only a few metres from where she was, "If I wasn't there, if I were in the place of Uraraka, or Midoriya, or even Todoroki, would you have left me too?"

The air between them was tense. (Y/n)'s whole body shook as she awaited his response. The silence dragged on, and despite being in an open forest, she felt like there were invisible walls slowly closing in on her the longer she waited for his reply.

"Yes."

(Y/n) felt like throwing up. Her bottom lip quivered and she felt like she was about to gag. But what more did she expect from a stranger?

"Todoroki was right, you are a coward, Bakugou. You're a selfish, cold-hearted savage!"

He didn't bat an eyelash. His face remained still and blank, but his eyes were full of emotion: anger, disappointment, regret- no, (Y/n) knew he didn't regret what he said; Katsuki Bakugou didn't regret anything. "You're wrong." His voice was low and threatening, cutting right to her core and making shivers run up her arms, "I'm no coward. You're just a naive, scared, weak little girl. You don't know a thing about the real world! Out here, it's kill or be killed! It doesn't matter what side we fight on, if it means victory, we're all savages in the end."

(Y/n) refused to cower before him. Every inch of her being was telling her to give in, to collapse before him and allow him the satisfaction of watching her fall apart at his feet. But she wasn't going to show him any sort of weakness. She wasn't about to let him walk all over her.

Kirishima watched from afar, his head drooped sadly as he watched this all play out.

The girl took a step forward, partially closing the distance between her and Bakugou, "I didn't have to help you when I found you in that forest. I could have used those bandages for myself, used that potion to lessen my own pain. But I didn't; even when you strangled me, even when you held a shard of glass to my neck, I still helped, because it was the good thing to do. Even if there was no chance of you surviving, I still would have done the same." She voiced cracked every so often as she spoke, "I may not be the bravest person to ever exist in this land, and yes, I am scared. But I'm a human. And humans get scared, humans do dumb shit, humans make mistakes, but that does not make me weak! No matter what, I still want to help people, and that's what makes me strong. If it means my life gets put on the line, then so be it."

The rising sun cast a shadow over her face, making her eyes look darker. She was livid. Her mouth was dry and she felt tired from crying for so long, and yet she stood tall, telling him that she would not back down, "I had such hope for you." (Y/n) mumbled, spinning on her heel and continuing through the trees.

Bakugou breathed heavily as he held back from lashing out, "You won't survive on your own." He blurted out abruptly, trying to get her to turn back around, he wanted her to turn around more than anything. Despite what (Y/n) thought, he did feel regret. It burned his stomach and made his heart wrench to see her walking away from him.

"Maybe I won't," (Y/n) smiled humourlessly, "But I definitely wouldn't have if you had left me back there. So what difference does it make really?" His mouth opened and closed like a fish as he searched for something to say to her, his eyes glinted like jewels as tears of frustration pricked at them.

"I'll see you around, Katsuki."