"You're lucky to have a friend like Buzz, Woody. I do have friends like Buzz. Their names are Jaehyun, Jibeom and Donghyun!" Joochan said. He pressed the button on Woody's back again to make Woody made another sound.

"REACH FOR THE SKY!" Woody made its sound. Joochan giggled. Joochan pressed a button on Buzz's back.

"YOU ARE A SAD, STRANGE LITTLE MAN, AND YOU HAVE MY PITY." Buzz made a sound.

"What can I do, Buzz. Nobody pity on me. Only you. Thank you." Joochan hugged his toys.

Haru closed the door slowly. Her heart ached for a while. She couldn't hold her tears. She cried without a sound.

"Joochan, please don't leave me.." Haru said in her heart. She loved Joochan. At the same time, she loved Sungyoon too. She just wanted Sungyoon to love Joochan as what she did to Joochan. Joochan was a poor boy who needed loves but Sungyoon never looked at Haru's perspective. He always looked only from his perspective. He and Haru were thinking differently towards Joochan. Haru was an optimist towards Joochan meanwhile Sungyoon was a pessimist. He felt worried to take Joochan. It was because Sungyoon was afraid. He was afraid if one day, Joochan would leave them if he loved Joochan so dearly. It was because he thought that Joochan's parents were still alive. Joochan still had his real family so he thought, everything could happen. Most of people in this world will choose their real family rather than their step family. That was what Sungyoon thought. He hated for being betrayed. That was why he hardly defended his ego. He was paranoid.

*   *   *

Joochan didn't come out from his room the whole day. That made Haru worried. Sungyoon was not home and Joochan was being alone all the time. She felt sorrow with that. Haru sat alone at the kitchen. Suddenly Joochan went downstairs. Joochan felt thirsty. He wanted to take a glass of water.

"Joochan, you haven't eat today.." Haru said. Joochan smiled.

"I am not hungry" Joochan replied.

"How can you not be hungry? You haven't take your meal today.." Haru said. Joochan just smiled.

"Let's eat with me.." Haru pouted. Joochan giggled.

"Okay okay" Joochan smiled. Joochan sat in front of Haru. He took his plate and his food. Haru just looked at Joochan. She looked at him all the time. Sometimes Joochan realized her gesture but he didn't want to ask about it.

After a few moments, Joochan done taking his dinner. He put his plate and glass in the sink while Haru was washing the dishes.

"Omma, is there anything I can help you?" Joochan asked. Haru smiled and shook her head. Joochan smiled back at her.

"Omma.. I have something to give you" Joochan said. Haru looked at him as she done washing the dishes. Joochan took out something from his back.

"Here.." Joochan gave Haru a card.

"What is this?" Haru asked.

"Omma, I remember that tomorrow is your birthday so I wish you a bit earlier. I have nothing to give you other than this. Happy birthday, Omma.." Joochan said. Haru smiled and she kissed Joochan.

"Thank you for be the first person to wish me a happy birthday, my baby" She held Joochan's cheek. Joochan smiled widely, showing his full tiny white teeth.

"It's now going late. You need to sleep now. You have to go to school tomorrow" Haru said to Joochan. Joochan nodded.

"Okay, good night Omma!" Joochan hugged Haru.

"Thank you for adopting me" Joochan said then he went upstairs. Haru watched him until he disappeared from her vision. Haru sat at the living room, waiting for Sungyoon to return home. At the same time, she took a look at the card given by Joochan. She smiled when she saw a stickman drawing that looked like her. Joochan also put a superhero clothes on her. Haru opened the card and she read Joochan's wishes. Joochan had a little misspelling on his card but it was understandable.

"For my dearest Omma, my lovly (lovely) Omma.

Dear Omma,
Happy birthday! I remember tomorrow is your birthday so I wish you earlier. I planned to give you a gift but I have nothing to give you. I am sorry. Can I buy you a bread? Do you like bread? If you like bread, I will buy it for you at school tomorrow :D

Omma, thank you for edopting (adopting) me. I don (don't) know what will happen to me now if you don (don't) edopt (adopt) me. Omma, you are my saveyer! (saviour).

Omma, I feel sad when you argued with Ahjussi. I am sorry if it was because of me. Omma, I have thought about, I am oke (okay) if Ahjussi wants to send me to the orphanage. Maybe it is the place that I belong to. As long as you and Ahjussi will be happy, I am oke (okay) with everything. I just want you both to be happy.

Omma, I never hate you yet I really lov (love) you. Sometimes I feel like I lov (love) you more than my real mom because she never treat me like you did. I was really thankful to you. I lov (love) Ahjussi too but I must eccept (accept) that he hates me. It is oke (okay).

Happy birthday, Omma. I always pray for your eternal happiness. I always pray for you and Ahjussi. I also pray to God to give you both the child that you both have been waiting for so that you both will be happy.

Omma, if one day I follow my father, can you put me next to my father? I want to meet him again.

Happy birthday, Omma. I lov (love) you!

Sincrely (sincerely),
Hong Joochan"

Haru was touched with Joochan's letter. She cried once she read the letter. She could feel what Joochan felt. Joochan actually heard everything on that day. Joochan was dying inside because of Sungyoon but he didn't bare to tell anyone. He kept blaming himself for everything happened towards Haru and Sungyoon but he also kept believing that Haru and Sungyoon were the best person in his life, because they adopted him. Haru cried again. Her heart broke to read Joochan's wishes. Haru couldn't understand when Joochan said "if one day I follow my father". What that he meant? She didn't know but she was touched.

"Joochan, I am sorry" Haru cried while hugged the card tightly. Joochan saw Haru's reaction when Haru read the card. Joochan's tears fell down as well.

"I am sorry too, Omma" Joochan said. He went to his room and slept with a ton of sadness in his heart.

-To Be Continued-
✔️vote
✔️comment
✔️share

A/N :
Thank you for 1K! Huargh! I am so touched. I didn't expect I'll get much positive responses for "FANTASIA". I once thought nobody would read this story _. I also even tell some of my friends who read "FANTASIA", I want to unpublish this story at first but they refused to agree with my idea to unpublish this. God's will, it's not a mistake to continue this journey! It's a tough yet memorable journey for me.

It just one month and half after I published this story and it's already 1K!

Thank you Goldenness and everyone who read this. Thank you for find this story. Thank you for like, vote and share this story. FANTASIA is nothing without you all. I am hoping for your eternal happiness, good health and successful life in future.

Thank you for everything!

XOXO 💋, Author-nim.