-Eight

I walked behind Harry as we entered the kitchen and I stopped at the entrance as my eyes took in the mess. Last I was here, it was spotless, and now there is trash and leftover food everywhere. Harry stood, watching as some kid brushed his teeth in front of the sink where dishes piled.

The kid turned, staring at Harry for a second before he brushed past him and I watched as Harry took a deep breath, walking up to the cabinets, pulling one open. I walked up to the marble island, bitting the inside of my cheek and sighed. "What are you looking for?" A girl with ginger hair asked Harry, who answered with coffee. The girl snickered, walking away. "Good luck with that."

"Hey, Harry." A guy who came up beside me said. "Do you know where the plunger is? Upstairs toilet is clogged."

I made a noise of unpleasantness. "...I'm gonna go to Becca's," I told Harry, turning around to make my way back upstairs to change out of my pajamas. "God, these people are fucking slobs," I mumbled underneath my breath as I passed the messy rooms.

After changing, I was making my way down the stairs with my bag that held my prom dress and makeup bag, when I ventured through the kitchen again. Still a mess. I placed my bag down on a chair, putting my hair up in a quick bun, and decided to clean the mess. Just a little. I did the dishes and picked up the trash, silent cursing out the people who lived in this house now, even more, when these guys came in, placing a bunch of dishes in the sink after I was almost done.

After I was done, I finally made my way to Becca's, noticing that Harry had left as his car was gone.

Today was prom and the dress I had was supposed to be the dress I wore to the actual prom we were supposed to have. My mom helped me pick it out so when I took it out of my bag at Becca's house, I was staring at it a bit longer then I intended. Becca was sitting in front of her vanity doing her makeup, her dress already on.

I had a long red spaghetti strap dress with a v cut line and a thigh split. My mom loved the color and the material. "You gonna put that dress on any time soon?" Becca asked and she turned around in her chair to face me.

I didn't really wanna go anymore the more I thought about my mom. I just wanted to lay in bed and stare off at the ceiling, wishing to be back home. The real world. But I had to go out. I couldn't wallow in sorrow, it wouldn't change anything. I would still be stuck.

"My mom helped pick this dress out," I told Becca, standing up. She gave me a soft smile. "She was so excited for prom to come around so she could see me in this dress."

"Go put it on. We can take a picture and save it, for when we get back home. Your mom will see you in that dress." Becca stood up, turning me around and lightly pushing me towards the bathroom. "She will see you in that dress, one day, when we get back because we will. Soon."

I sighed, nodding. Soon.

=

Becca, Sam, and I walked through the entrance to the venue where the prom was behind held, the picture of the boy still off to the side. Same decorations, just little added.

"This is just how I'd imagined it would be," Becca told Sam and I, making me shake my head with a small roll from my eyes and a small smile.

"Fuckin' weird! Am I right?" Luke told us as he passed by with Helena.

"No more weird than anything else around here," Becca replied back making Sam chuckle. "Let's go." She nodded towards the empty tables.

"How much I regret this." I groaned, sitting down beside Becca, who nodded, agreeing with me. I looked over towards the group of people dancing, drinks in hands.