A Glimpse of Hell

Start from the beginning

"I know what you are thinking, the climate is warm because of the Septim of Ashmedai. It helps our tribe survive the cold and harsh winters while protecting our tribe from any invasion." confronted Yu-Jin Han as he read the thoughts of Walther.

Walther gazed at the cloth tents which were aligned in a large circle covering all the areas nearby. There was a huge stone altar placed in the middle of the camp, around it stood four pillars. A strange sigil was engraved in the middle of the altar.

"What's that huge stone in the middle of the camp?" inquired Walther.

"That Altar is dedicated to Lord Ashmedai, his sigil is engraved in the middle of the Altar. It is a sacred place to offer sacrifices to Lord Ashmedai." explained the Tribe Elder.

A guard wearing leather armor and carrying a spear came before the Tribe Elder and bowed down. He whispered something in the ears of the Tribe Elder and his expression changed from gentle to serious. The guard immediately left after he delivered the message.

Walther, who was watching these events concluded by the looks on the face of Yu-Jin Han that something is wrong. He stood there silently without uttering a single word.

"I must attend to some important matters relating to the tribe, one of the guards will guide you to the Vault," explained Yu-Jin Han as he signaled one of the guards to take Walther and left.

The guard came forward and hold Walther by his arms. He then guided him to the Vault. The Vault is made up of dark black stones and a huge gate made of wood. The same sigil of Ashmedai was engraved in the middle of the huge entrance. Walther limped inside the Vault and saw several weapons aligned in different rows.

"There are a total of three chambers inside this Vault. The first chamber contains normal-grade weapons, the second chamber contains some of the rare weapons, and the last chamber holds the 'Septim of Ashmedai', the legendary Book of Ashmedai. It is prohibited for us to enter the third chamber." explained the guard.

"Okay, I got it. But, where do I get a weapon for myself?" asked Walther.

"The Tribe Elder told me to guide you into the inner and provide you with a weapon of your choice." replied the Guard.

Walther slowly limped through the rows of swords, lances, cleavers, bows and arrows, and daggers and entered the Second Chamber with the help of the Guard.

Suddenly, Walther heard a slow whisper inside his ears and he immediately fell to the ground. His head started to hurt as he heard screams inside his head. The guard ran outside the Vault to call for aid. The voice in Walther's ears became clearer with the passing time.

After some time, Walther heard long poetry or a prophecy ringing inside his head.

'There comes a day when the darkness rises once more. A pureblood shall mark a shift in power. It shall be then, when the dark one returns, a marked child shall bring forth a new unity.'

Soon after Walther heard the Prophecy, another voice started to call him into the third chamber of the Vault. Walther felt that his legs were healed and he stood up without any trouble.

The gates that led to the Third Chamber of the Vault were opened and Walther entered the third chamber which was darker and gloomy than the other chambers. Immediately, the gate shut closed behind Walther, enveloping the place in complete darkness.

"So, you are the Pureblood who shall hold my Septim?" asked a voice inside Walther's head.

"Who are you, and who is the Pureblood you are talking about?" questioned Walther.

"I am Ashmedai, the King of Earthly Spirits and the Prince of Lust and Walther Scott, I am talking about you when I say, the Pure Blood. You are the one true successor of the Karnith Tribe." explained the Voice.