The Titan Kronos

WAKING UP AFTER DYING IS NOT FUN, IT MIGHT BE FUN FOR SOME BUT FOR ANTONIO IT WAS A NIGHTMARE COME TRUE.

Antonio, who never had a dream in the last three months was finally able to see a dream which he wished he hadn't because it was a nightmare. He abruptly woke up from his ninety-seven hours of sleep but, he didn't know that what awaited him was another disaster of his life. After the death of his parents, Antonio always wished for a peaceful life, he never wanted to get involved in any controversy that might disrupt his peace.

A person was standing beside Antonio's bed to greet him as soon as he woke up. "Good Morning, how are you feeling now?"

Antonio looked at the person, he was wearing a mask to conceal his identity. The mask was white and had strange inscriptions on it. He thought that the person beside him was Luke as he had remembered him wearing the same kind of mask.

"Luke, why are you still here?" he questioned coldly.

The person pulled off his mask to reveal his face, as soon as Antonio sat upright to get a look at the face of the person and he realized that he was not Luke. The person knew that what Antonio was thinking and he immediately introduced himself.

"My name is Leon Knight and I am the first Dragon Knight. Also, I am one of the few who got the chance to Beta test this game and I am also the Leader of Helgan Leaf, the most influential clan in all of Kalvar."

Antonio who had just entered into this game cannot believe that the stranger standing beside him was one of the most powerful players of Eternal Battlegrounds. He got the idea that something is wrong and that something is somehow related to him. He turned to face Leon and looked into his eyes. His hazel eyes shone brightly but Antonio could feel a certain coldness coming from them.

"What do you want from a newbie like me?" He inquired in a careless tone.

Leon frowned as he sat down on the bed to face Antonio. He snapped in an annoyed tone. "What do I want? I ask what did you achieve by dying at the hands of some street urchins?"

"I tried to escape but all my exits were blocked, and why do you care if I live or die?"

"Because everything matters, Antonio Weiss. Our lives are intertwined and connected with a thin string called, 'Dragon Knight'."

"Even if that's the case, I still don't care if our lives are intertwined. I will be soon out of this death game which wants nothing but my death."

Leon started laughing loudly as soon as he heard Antonio utter those words. Controlling himself, Leon said, "Ah, don't worry about leaving this place. You are just trapped inside it and it's none other than your fault."

Antonio gave a puzzled look, he didn't understand what Leon said to him. "Stop fooling around! I want to leave now," he growled.

"You are free to try but, you cannot leave this place since you died and triggered the system. And thanks to you, the other nine Dragon Knights include me are trapped in this hell." Leon exclaimed, his tone immediately changing from playful to serious.

Antonio got furious and picked up his ALTDEV from the small wooden table and opened the settings. He scrolled down the list of options and looked for the 'Log Out option. But, he wasn't able to find it. He panicked a bit but, tried to find the 'Log Out' option in other categories. He again glanced at Leon for a second and then immediately continued his search. At last, Antonio realized that he is trapped inside a game.

Leon kept his eyes on Antonio and saw his expressions change from annoyed to determined to panicking to afraid and finally to helpless. It somewhere amused Leon and he pitied the guy who woke up from a nightmare to enter into another one. Leon was aware that once the system was activated it cannot be deactivated. He stood up from the bed and started walking away.