Chapter 9: The House of Lamentation

Start from the beginning

     "THAT'S ENOUGH! ALL OF YOU!" Lucifer's voice boomed to every corner of the room. Everyone, even me, shifted our attention to him. "Merielle lost all her memories after that car crash happened."

     "The one we saved her from?" Satan asked, his hand on his chin.

     "Yes. Correct," Lucifer confirmed. I looked around at everyone and they have these sad expressions. All of us must have had good times for them to have these sad faces. "Merielle will be staying with us for now, because of the danger that awaits her."

     "Huh? What danger?" Leviathan asked.

     "As we were about to go here, a witch attacked us in the human world. While Mammon and Solomon took Merielle to safety, I tried battling the witch. Unfortunately, the witch escaped."

     "What?" Asmodeus uttered in shock.

     "Someone escaped Lucifer's powers?" Beelzebub said.

     "Well, that is interesting," Belphegor said.

     "The witch must have been really skilled then," Satan said. "And I assume you decided to have her stay here, even though you know the risk, because you know all of us brothers can protect her here."

     "Yes, and I will be speaking to Diavolo for that matter tomorrow," Lucifer said.

     "Why wait for tomorrow when I am here already?" someone said from behind us.

     Everyone turned and two men are at the open door.

     "It is lord Diavolo and his butler, Barbatos," I whispered to myself.

     The two looked at me with a smile. "It is nice having you here again, Merielle. Although I didn't expect for our next meet to be under these circumstances."

     "I hope you will have your memories of all of us back, Merielle," Barbatos said. So, they also know about the accident that caused my amnesia.

     "Merielle is sure to stay here at Devildom again while the witch who attacked is still unfound," Diavolo said. "We cannot be sure, of course, that that witch is the only one who is after Merielle or why and what is she after her. Merielle will be staying here at the House of Lamentation, so all of you, Lucifer and company, will be near her and will always look after her."

     "Alright! Merielle will be with us again!" Mammon said happily.

     "And one more thing," Diavolo said. "Merielle will be attending school again at RAD."

     Wait... really? I will go to school? At the Royal Academy of Diavolo (RAD)?

     "Diavolo, the school is filled with demons, witches, and many more that could bring harm to Merielle. We don't know, but one of the students might be an accomplice of the witch who attacked us or the witch herself in disguise!" Lucifer objected.

     "But Lucifer, who will look after Merielle while you and your brothers are at school?" Diavolo asked.

     Lucifer has no answers to that.

     "I will set up Merielle's schedule so she will be accompanied by you or one of your brothers each day, in every class so all of you could still go to school and keep an eye for Merielle here at the same time," Diavolo said. He seems so proud of his idea that he crossed his arms, smiled, and said, "What phrase is it called? Hitting two birds with one stone? That's definitely it."

     "We will see you at classes tomorrow, then, Merielle," Barbatos said.

     Then Diavolo and Barbatos left the House of Lamentation.

     "Well then, shall we take you to your room, Merielle? It is the room you used when you were here for the first time," Asmodeus said.

     "You mean when I was an exchange student here?" I asked excitedly.

     "Yes!" Asmodeus said.

     "I thought you lost your memory, Merielle?" Belphegor asked.

     "I read the basic information in the leather notebook. I would show you, but my things are left back in the human world," I said rather sadly. Even the gifts they gave me are out in the open. The only one that is with me is the-

     "Oooohhh! Merielle! I can see that you are wearing the outfit that I gave you as a present before! Did you like it that much that you keep wearing it?" Asmodeus asked as he walked me to my room along with the rest of his brothers.

     "Nope. Can't be," Leviathan said. "All of our gifts to her are locked inside the chest that Diavolo gave her. Remember? The one where Merielle had us with her looking for the key to open it? Then when she finally opened it, there is an invitation inside for a tea party with Diavolo that all of us attended to? All of our presents were kept inside the very same treasure chest."

     "I found the treasure chest with the help of one of Solomon's friends, Amadio. There is also a fly, a snake, and a crow. Mammon told me that he was the crow and the fly and the snake are one of his brothers. Who is it?" I said and asked.

     "The snake was me," Leviathan said with a big smile, then he dropped his face in a sad one. "Sorry, Merielle. I scared you back there. I just really had to stop you from getting out of that attic without taking the chest."

     "It's okay, Leviathan," I said. "Thanks to you, I did not leave it."

     "You can just call me Levi," Leviathan said and smiled. I smiled back.

     "The fly was me," Beelzebub said. "I barely did anything, except taking a few bites of your dinner before Levi told us it is time for us to leave. You just left your food when you opened the chest."

     Yeah. He is right. I did not eat any dinner. I got so excited about opening the chest and taking out its contents that I forgot to eat my dinner.

     A sound came and I blushed from shyness.

     "Beel, are you hungry again?" Levi asked Beelzebub.

     "No, that wasn't my stomach," Beel said.

     "I'm sorry," I said. "It was me. I haven't eaten dinner yet."

     "Don't worry, Merielle. I will prepare your dinner," Lucifer said.

     "Really?" I asked in disbelief.

     "I'll help!" Satan said.

     "Me, too!" Beel said.

     "I might as well tag along to keep an eye on Beel," Belphegor said. I wonder, is it okay to call him Belphie?

     "That would be useful, Belphie," Oh. And that was Lucifer saying that, as if he could read my mind.

     And so, Asmodeus, Leviathan, and Mammon, led me upstairs to my room

________________________________________________________________________________

AUTHOR'S NOTE

The picture above does not belong to me. It belongs to the makers of Obey Me! Shall We Date? Otome Dating SIm