Chapter 7 - The Ravenpuff Study Group

Sydney's POV:

As Friday quickly drew to a close, Susan pulled Hannah, Meg and myself away from the common room and back to our dorm.

"I have a little treat for us," she said with a smirk, before revealing a massive box that read Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans. "My auntie sent them to me in the mail this morning. I thought we could use them to get to know each other."

"How so?" asked Hannah, pulling a blanket and pillow off her bed and sitting in the center of the floor. We each followed her example.

"Have any of you played Never Have I Ever?" Susan asked, still smirking.

Hannah and I both groaned, while Meg looked excited.

"We could do a revised version of the game," Susan explained. "You can state something you've never done: if someone else has done it, they eat a bean. You could also state something you have done: if someone hasn't done it, they eat a bean. Or, you can state a fact about yourself - if it is true for someone else, they have to eat a bean. Make sense?"

"I'm down," said Meg with a grin. "I've also got some Chocolate Frogs and Licorice Wands left over from the train that we can use to wash down the taste if needed."

She proceeded to get these items from her trunk and place them in the middle of our small circle.

Hannah and I exchanged exasperated looks. Her being a half-blood meant that she, of course, had also been to Muggle sleepovers and played the game before.

"I'll start!" Susan volunteered, opening up the Bertie Botts and placing them in the middle. "My favourite subject is Transfiguration."

"I hate you," I said with a laugh, taking a bean from the box.

I quickly put it in my mouth, before breathing a sigh of relief.

"It was just almond," I said. "I'll go next - I once traveled to America."

Susan and Hannah both glared at me, while Meg smirked.

"Blueberry," said Hannah with a smile.

"Pepper," grimaced Susan, grabbing a Licorice Wand and quickly eating it.

"I went to school before Hogwarts," Hannah said with a smile.

Meg and Susan both frowned before taking beans, each making faces as they ate them.

"I've seen a Quidditch game in person," Meg taunted.

The three of us glared at her, each taking a bean.

* * * * *

The four of us stayed up very late, playing our revised version of Never Have I Ever. We ate through Meg's sweets and the crisps that Hannah and I had brought, as well as the rest of Susan's beans. We had also played Exploding Snap and Wizard's Chess, brought by Meg and Susan respectively. Hannah had also brought the Muggle Games of Life, Uno, and Trivial Pursuit, which we each played. Finally, around midnight, we all grew tired and fell asleep right on the floor together, side-by-side.

The next morning, we awoke to a loud beeping coming from the door. Hailey had showed us how to set up the alarm on the door as well as individual alarms in each of our beds. The door alarm was set to go off every morning at 7:15. We had yet to find a less annoying sound than the beeping.

We all groaned, untangling ourselves from the floor before starting to clean up the mess from the night before. We each got dressed in silence before heading out of the common room and towards the Great Hall.