Chapter 3

Today was race day and McQueen was the only old racer left on the track. He was starting to feel left out. He walked to his team. Chloe got done shinning up his car and hopped out.

"Your car is ready to go, Dad." Chloe smiled.

"Thanks, Chloe. Is your headset ready?" He asked.

She held it up, "It always is."

The race started and McQueen was carefully cruising on the track. He felt weird as everyone whi he knew was no loinger here. They were all young and new racers. Storm drove up to him.

"Hey, champ, where's all your friends go?" He smirked as he drove passed him.

Chloe carefully escaped the team and made her way to the consession stand. She pulled out her phone and messeged Daniel.

Chloe: Hey, I'm here

She looked up and saw him standing by the corner.

"You Daniel?" She asked.

"You must be Chloe." He replied.

Chloe blushed bright pink, "Yep."

"So. . .your dad is a racer?" He asked.

"Yeah. Who's your dad?" She asked.

"Oh you don't need to know about that. You haven't heard of him much." He answered.

"My Dad is number 95." Chloe said.

"So you're a McQueen, huh?" He asked.

"Have been since I was 9." She smiled.

"Why not since birth?" Daniel asked.

"Um. . .because actually he adopted me." 

"I didn't know he adopted." He replied, "Mistevious McQueen."

"He's a good guy." Chloe said, "so. . .where are you from? Your profile didn't say anything."

"I orignially grew up in LA but I like to keep it private cuz ya know. . .all the girls love an LA boy." Daniel chuckled as he shook his head, causing his hair to flow.

"Understandable." Chloe replied.

McQueen was coming through the headset, "Chloe I'm coming in for a tire change. There are 40 laps left and I'm right behind Storm."

"Got it." She replied to him, then looked at Daniel, "I need to get back to his space. He needs me."

"I understand. Maybe we can messege later." He smiled.

"Totally." She replied and hurried to the team.

She made it back and clapped her hands, "okay he's comin' in hot so be ready, Guido."

"Pit stop." He said.

McQueen stopped the car and Guido started changing his tires.

"Guido hurry up I gotta get back out there before he does!" He snapped.

Guido said some italian words and was finsihed. McQueen sped off onto the track. Chloe grabbed ahold of her hair.

"Oh boy what have I done?" 

McQueen was in the lead but Storm was coming up behind him. McQueen was breathing hard from the stress that was overpowering him.

"Hey, McQueen, are you alright?" Storm smirked, "Listen don't you worry, pal. You had a good run. Enjoy your retirement!"

He passed him and took the lead. McQueen eased his foot of the pedal as he couldn't believe what was happening. He then got angry and stomped the pedal.

"No. No! No! No!" He screamed, "No!"

He was panting uncontrollably as he increased uncontrobale speed. He kept his eyes directly on Storm. He then lost control of the steering wheel. The car swurved all over the track until it hit the wall and flew into the air. 

"DAD!" Chloe screamed.

The car hit the ground and rolled over several times until it stopped.

"DAD!" Chloe screamed as she tried to run to him.

But Mack and Sheriff held her back. Ambulance's rushed to McQueen.

"Let me go!" Chloe yelled.

"Chloe you don't wanna see what McQueen got into!" Sheriff replied.

"LET. ME. GO!" She fought and broke free. 

She started sprinting towards the crash site. Her heart racing and legs burning from the amount of speed her body was allowing her to have to get to her father. She finally made it and stopped running. She looked around the car to look for him.

"Dad? Dad?? Dad?!?!"

She didn't see him at all. The car was horrifying to look at. She heard doors closing and she looked up to see McQueen in the ambulance being driven away.

"Dad!" She yelled sprinting towards the disappearing ambulance. 

As she ran, her legs burned with pain, her breath increased sharply, tears drenched her cheeks, and her heart was pounding against her chest. She ran as fast as she could, but she couldn't reach the ambulance before it disappeared.

"DAD!!!!!'