I noticed that it was oddly cold and noticed a pile of clothes just on a nearby chair. Well, it's sort of expected. Everybody probably had that one clothes chair that looked like an intruder in the middle of the night, right?

Wanting to be a bit warmer, I grabbed one of the sweaters and tossed it on, not even bothering to look at what it was. Considering how I was both thinner and shorter than either Saitama and Genos, the sweater was way too oversized, to the point of the sleeves almost covering my hands, but it was fine either way.

With Saitama still fast asleep, I quickly texted Fubuki back, making sure to tease her just a little bit with a small smirk on my face, and decided to look at what there was to eat.

Expecting the bare minimum, I opened the fridge and was blasted, goddamn inundated with just how many ingredients there were. I didn't think there would ever be something in the fridge other than dust and maybe a cold water bottle or two. There were eggs, milk, yakisoba, vegetables, plenty of fruit, and a whole ton more that I didn't think would fit with how much stuff there was in the fridge.

And then, I realized: It's way too cleanly organized. Everything was packed so tightly and condensed, yet orderly, spick and span. Genos definitely did this. Saitama wouldn't ever have the patience, especially doing something as mundane as stacking the fridge.

Well, at least it was easy to navigate.

As I started grabbing ingredients out of the fridge, I started to come up with what I wanted to make. It was a really, really simple dish, but a bit more than cereal. It was also something way more common for what I remember from school as more of an American/British food rather than something we'd have here in Japan: Eggs in a basket. It was literally just eggs and some bread.

No, that's probably too simple. Something else, then. And I should probably make something for the two of us, shouldn't I? Yeah, I probably should. I'll make some tea to help me wake up a bit better too. I usually had coffee, but there wasn't any here. Tea works just fine.

Well, eventually, I ended up deciding that making a fruit salad, some eggs, and a bit of chicken and rice would work fine. Those foods don't really sound good as a meal together, but I doubt he's picky enough to really go against it.

I hear a groan from the living room, and I realize that he's starting to wake up. I felt a sort of obligation to go wake him up myself, but I held myself back. In the end, I decided to just start making breakfast and he'll probably wake up before I'm done.

To my surprise, I found that cooking in a more compact space is sort of more enjoyable, and it feels more like a hobby than an obligation.

Ew, that sounds like something a boring housewife would fall into. I don't wanna turn into that. I'll make sure I don't become something super mundane. That just sounds so unenjoyable.

Anyways, I just kept cooking and falling into it, wondering what I was probably gonna do today. Honestly, unless another major threat came up, I'd probably have nothing to do like usual. If the Hero Association doesn't summon me (meaning even they, who can't really judge actual power, don't think something's strong enough for me to take), it's probably not worth my time.

I didn't even notice Saitama come up from behind me and mutter, "G'morning, Tats." I could tell just from his tone that he isn't really a morning person. Well, at least I know that both of us don't really like waking up in the morning. Then again, the start of my morning wasn't really that bad.

"Morning," I answered as he walked into the bathroom. He didn't even bother to close the door as he just started brushing. He was hunching, and even though he probably slept longer than me, he seemed exponentially more tired.