chapter XX

LAX really never did stop being busy. despite it being 6:00 in the morning, the lines were still irritatingly long. ryan had leaned his head in shane's shoulder as they waited, and was about to doze off. neither of them had slept much last night..

once they were finally in the plane, the two huddled close together.
"just a few hours now..." shane whispered to a sleepy ryan. as the plane took off, shane saw LA growing smaller in the distance. the sun had come up now and cast its golden glow over the city.

from the airplane it was far away, but it all felt close to him. it felt like he was taking in every memory he had made there with ryan. the city as a whole held their adventures together. in one glance, shane could take in every moment the two had shared.

a while later, shane closed the window. he didn't feel tired, and doubted he could sleep. but he leaned his head on ryan's anyway. he was so warm, and his little snores made shane happy. he was so comfortable next to him.
•••
the two relaxed in their couple's cabana as they listened to the waves crashing by the shore. they could hear children laughing and people talking around them. the calm they felt couldn't be compared to much else.

"look at us." shane said.

"i would but my eyes refuse to open" ryan said from beside him.

"i'm beginning to think that couple's massage spoiled you..."

"it definitely did."

"who would have thought we'd end up here? married, on a honeymoon." shane asked.

"well, for starters, basically every fan who shipped us. most of our coworkers too. and a lot of our friends. probably even the ghosts who witnessed our sleepovers..."

"so it was that obvious, huh?"

"i guess we always had something shane."

"i think you're right."

ryan reached for shane's hand in response. he squeezed it and smiled from under his sunglasses and hat.

"you truly are lazy." shane joked.

"i'm honeymooningggg"

"me too ryan, me too."

"i'm not always lazy..."

"hmm, alright. then can you go get me a drink from the beachside bar that's less than twenty feet away?"

"okay fine, maybe i am lazy. and, now that you mention it, i'm also kind of in the mood for a drink"

"nope. i'm not gonna get it for you" shane teased.

"pleaseeeee shaneeeee" ryan said, lifting his sunglasses and winking at shane. "i'll pay you back."

"you know what." shane stood up, "i will ryan. i don't care if it's a drink, or something crazy and unpredictable. for you, i will. over and over, i always will" he said, placing a kiss on ryan's lips.

ryan got up from where he was napping.
"well you sure know how to wake a man up. hold on, i'm coming with you"

shane held out his hand, which ryan took a hold of. he placed a kiss on shane's cheek. the two of them walked hand in hand as the sun grew closer to the horizon.

ryan stopped suddenly, and shane looked at him, a bit confused. they stared into each other's eyes for a while, and the moment felt magical. it was just like the movies drew it out to be. love was like a slowed down lazy day at the beach, staring into your partner's eyes. or perhaps love was when you held them tightly while they trembled in fear or cried. maybe love was all of it together. every choice they made was love. and every time, their choice would be the same.

"you know, shane. for you, i always will too."

*and that's the end! i just want to say i truly am so grateful to every single one of you who decided to read my work. this all started as a way for me to channel my intense fangirl energy. i never thought i would get so much support and reads! i have gotten so much positivity during my time working on this fanfic. i read all the comments i get, and you guys are so supportive and funny!! i hope you enjoyed "for you, i will." maybe in the future i will put out some other works... thank you all again so much. lyly <3
~avia