Chapter 1: Extermination Day

(D/n= Dog Name)

Nobody's POV:

You woke up, yawning as you got out of your comfy bed. You knew what today was, and you had to act quickly. "(D/n)! Go install t-the barricades! U-uh please and thank you!" In the corner was a poofy and soft dog bed, there (D/n) laid. His ears perk up and barked in response. He got up and stretched, then proceeded over to help with the defenses. You let out a long sigh, reaching over to put on your glasses to see clearly. A checklist was on your desk, you quickly scanned it seeing if everything was ready. "Traps c-check, weapons check, junk food check, Netflix check" You look over seeing (D/n) finish with boarding up. "And Barricades c-check!"

(D/n) walked over to your feet and sat down, his tail wagging from side to side whining. "Oh does the little p-puppy want a treat?" You cooed patting his head, earning a cheerful bark in response. You chuckled, walking over to your kitchen, opening a bag of dog treats. (D/n) started running all over the kitchen barking for the treat, you quickly threw the treat into his mouth. He happily trotted over to his bed nibbling and licking it.

You locked everything, getting the supplies you needed to get through the day. Everything you needed was there food, water, TV, and of course (D/n) who finished his treat and laid in your bed. Petting him was always calming for you, licking your hand while nuzzling into your lap as you watched a movie with him. To be completely honest, you were terrified. You prayed that the exterminators wouldn't break down your defenses and kill you for your supposed 'sins'.

Luckily none of that happened, but you did hear demons screaming for their lives as they were slaughtered nearby your home. You felt their dark energy scatter, and decided to absorb it. You knew it was wrong, but you were not going to abuse their energy. Just have it for little purposes like defending yourself.

The movie marathon had ended, so you quickly got up and dressed in your regular clothes adjusting your glasses. You were careful not to wake up (D/n) who was sleeping with his tongue out. "Such a cutie" You smiled, heading over to disable the defenses and disarm the barricades. Blood and limbs of different kinds of demons were everywhere, although it made you gag at the smell and sight. You decided it was an extraordinarily detailed scene that you wanted to paint. So, you quickly went into your studio, taking an elevator so you could reach your clear glass room with a fresh canvas and an array of paints. You could see everything on the horizon which is why you had it installed and it was your favorite room.

You played some Mozart while you sat down. You held your paintbrush, beginning to stroke the layout and background. It was comfortable while you painted "The Dismay of Extermination Day."

A/n: Thank you for reading this chapter! Yes, I know that it is short, but do not worry the next few parts are gonna be longer! Stay safe and wash your hands!