Bullies

This is just a brotherly moments part I wanted to do, you can ignore this if you want
————————————————————————-
~Trigger warning for the ppl that need it~

Ian has never admitted that he's been having trouble with Bullies even before The family issue that happened but after that, it got worse, he would come home with cuts and bruises and thought no one would see but the odds weren't in his favor as his older brother Barley quickly caught on. His brother wasn't his normal self and that's how he noticed, He noticed how his normally Awkward little brother was dim and somewhat emotionless He also noticed the smile that was once real but now it's more forced. He had to be honest, he was concerned about Ian as he understood what it was like to feel such a way but he never imagined his little brother would feel that pain he once did long ago but he knew his brothers pain was different. He was determined to find out the cause of it so he did what any brother would do, he confronted him.
"hey Ian? Can I ask you something?" Barley asked quietly "Um ya what is it?" Ian asked feeling a little uneasy because of his brothers normally loud nature being replaced with a somewhat worried expression, "Uh you've just been seeming off lately and I wanted to ask you if you were okay" Barley said truthfully, "I'm- I'm fine really" Ian said with a smile "there it was again" Barley thought "he's lying" Barley knew he couldn't just leave it at that. "You know you can talk to me right?" Barley stated "Ya I-i know" Ian said looking a little worriedly at his older brother, Barley stood there for a bit wondering if he should bring it up or not..."I've noticed you come home with bruises often, You would tell me if something's happening right?" Barley asked "Oh uh yea of course I would tell you" Ian nervously laughed sounding a bit scared. Barley knew we was lying but he didn't think it was a good idea to push his brother into telling him "Ok I just wanted to make sure and my door is always open if you need to talk" Barley said whilst walking out of this younger brothers room but of course he wasn't just gonna leave it at that, He'll continue to keep a close eye on Ian.

Time skip brought to you by Kim Namjoon.

It was a few days after Barley talked with Ian and they both went on like nothing happened, Today Barley decided to pick Ian up from school Early might I add, Barley was standing outside leaning against the van waiting for this younger brother Just then Ian comes out the doors but he wasn't alone. There was a group of older teens following him and laughing which quickly caught Barleys attention, Ian hadn't noticed his older brother watching intensely from afar as he was too Busy trying to get the older boys to leave him alone yet nothing was working. They started to make fun of the boy more criticizing him on the way he dressed and how skinny he was Saying he shouldn't be able to do magic, Ian could take the words that were thrown at him but when it came to physical fights with people he couldn't take that. The boys were starting to rough him around laughing at how easily he would trip and nearly fall. Barley was getting fed up with the torment, Just then one of the boys decides to punch Ian in the stomach causing to boy to fall and Whimper in pain that was a Breaking point for Barley, No one messes with his family especially his little brother. Barley marches quickly towards the boys anger in each step, Ian notices the sound and looks back seeing his older brother with a expression he's never seen, ya he's seen his brother mad but not that mad "Wait Barley!" Ian yells yet his brother ignores him grabbing the collar of the boy that punched him. "Listen I don't care who you are but you do not mess with my brother you got that? If I ever see you punks near him again you'll never live to see another day! Do you understand me" Barley says with a angry tone that could even scare a dragon. The boys quickly shutter apologies and words of understanding As Barley lets the boy go and they all run away cowardly, He makes sure there gone before turning to his brother who was still on the ground looking slightly scared "You okay?" Barley asked in a worried tone trying to get the younger boy to his feet. The boy seems To snap back into reality as his brother grabs his arm slowly pulling him off the ground, Tears slowly form in his eyes seeming unable to speak "Hey it's okay" Barley says Trying to calm his shaking younger brother "Come on, let's go home" Barley said slowly guiding Ian to the van.

Time skip again brought to you by chimchim.

Ian calmed down a little on the ride home as he was no longer crying, Now he was sitting on his bed with his brother knowing he would have to talk about it. He was holding his stomach still feeling slight pain from the event that went down not to long ago he thought he would be used to it by now as it's happened before but it was different, "Why didn't you tell me?" Barley asked quietly " I-i was just scared I guess" Ian says "Scared of what?" Barley asked "Of you thinking I was weak and not able to handle things" Ian Admitted truthfully looking at the floor feeling as if he failed, Barley sighed "I world never think of you was weak Ian Heck your probably stronger then me" Barley stated as Ian looked up at him "Look what I'm trying to say is no matter how independent you think you should be I'm still your brother and it's my job to protect you even if you feel like you don't need protecting" Barley states. Ian looked at his brother, he should have told him from the beginning- "So are you gonna tell me when something wrong is happening from now on?" Barley said with a smile "Ya I'll tell you from now on" Ian laughed a little. "Good! Now get your strength up young worrier for we have the whole weekend to seize opportunities!" Barley yells ruffing his little brothers hair "And remember as I said once before my door is always open" he said with a smile walking out of his younger brothers room.
Ian smiled, now knowing he shouldn't be scared to ask for help especially when he needs it.

This is honestly just a random part I came up with and tbh I would never think of Barley as a violent person so I tried to dim the interaction a bit but if you read it I hope you liked it lol 💙