yes devanté pt. 2 | devanté swing

Start from the beginning

Donald deeply chuckled and gently mushed the back of her head. He sat down next to her and pointed at the soundboard. "You still remember how to use one of these?" He asked.

Harmony huffed and shook her head. "No, actually. I kinda just pushed it all to the back of my mind after you left." She replied while still examining all the buttons.

He gazed at her with guilt rising all throughout his body. "Harm..." He softly grabbed her hand off the soundboard and spun her chair for her to face him. "I didn't mean to leave you like that. I know this explanation is long overdue and I'm a real asshole fa' not sayin' shit to you all this time, but I hope you'll still listen." He took off his sunglasses and placed them on the soundboard.

And there it was, those eyes. Those beautiful but dangerous hazel coloured eyes she hadn't seen in so long. The eyes she grew to love but hated at the same time because they allowed Donald to get away with anything he wanted.

She stared into them, searching deeply for sincerity so she wouldn't fall under his fuck boy spell. But she could only see a truthful, apologetic Donald. So she allowed him to speak.

She remained silent and nodded. Donald cleared his throat and scooted his chair in closer to her. "The night we left, I got into this big argument with my dad. Remember when I would make sure to hide my chest tattoo before comin' out the shower?" He asked Harmony in which she nodded 'yes'.

"Well that night, I didn't do it because my parents were out and I wasn't expecting them to come home so soon. Basically, I walked out the bathroom and my dad was in the hallway about to go inside his room. He looked at me and saw my tat and then... yea." He scratched his forehead.

Harmony was well aware of Donald Sr. and his strict religious rules. He never approved of his son dating her and honestly, if it wasn't for Don's mother always coming to the rescue, Harmony would've clocked the old man right in his face with the way he would disrespect her all those years ago.

"He just got me so mad." Donald continued. "The nigga just casually had acid sittin' in his bedroom and tried to pour it on my chest to remove the tattoo. "

"Oh my god." Harmony said in disgust and scrunched up her face.

"Yea, so then we started fightin'. Dal, Derek, and my mom tried to stop it but that didn't work. He kicked me down the stairs and everything... told me to get out. So that's what I did." Donald looked down and licked his lips.

"Dalvin came and found me at the Hailey's. He brought my things along with some money I had saved up in a jar under my bed. After that, I asked the guys if they wanted to leave with me and they agreed." He gulped and looked back up at Harmony. "I'm so sorry I didn't tell you. I was just so angry at the time and I wasn't thinkin' straight. All I wanted to do was get outta Charlotte and away from my dad and just prove to him that I didn't need him. I ain't shit for allowin' all the fame and whateva get to my head. I got here and I let that shit take over my mind, makin' me forget about you. I was wrong and I'm really sorry, Harmony." His eyes suddenly became glossy but avoided letting any tears to escape.

Harmony let go of his hands and wrapped her arms around him. "It's okay, Don." She comforted him. "I was mad at you for a very long time, but it's easier to be happy than to be upset." She pulled away from him. "Plus, I know how your dad is already. I'm really sorry you had to go through that."