yes devanté pt. 2 | devanté swing

Start from the beginning

Harmony snickered. "It's alright. Glad you stepped in before that shit got ugly."

Donald opened the passenger's door for her. "You still fuckin' up bitches in Charlotte?" He chuckled as he held the door open.

She smacked her lips and got inside. "We may not be kids anymore, but anyone can still catch these hands Donald." She playfully rolled her eyes.

He shook his head and closed the door. "Still the same Harmony."

The drive was shockingly comfortable for the two, but mostly for Harmony. They reminisced about their younger days and all the fucked up shit they used to get themselves into with the guys. It was almost as if the animosity Harmony had towards Donald never existed. Aside from K-Ci being her closest friend, Don was also her best friend and lover back in the day and as much as she tried to deny it for all these years, she still loved him. The chemistry they had was indescribable, something they both knew they couldn't find with anyone or anywhere else.

They soon arrived at a building that read 'Uptown Records' at the front entrance. Harmony furrowed her eyebrows and jerked her head back. "Your record label?" She looked over at Donald.

Donald looked at the building then back at her and nodded. "Yea." He pulled his car key from the ignition. Harmony shrugged and brought her hand up to open the door.

"Aye don't touch that door." Donald said quickly and grinned before getting out. Harmony giggled as she watched him jog to her side of the car but stopped midway to do a Michael Jackson spin in the snowy road. "So stupid." She said lowly and laughed. Harmony was the only person, aside from his brothers, that Donald could truly be himself around. He loved seeing Harmony laugh and even though he may be DeVanté Swing now, Harmony will always get Donald out of him.

Donald opened her door and stuck his hand out. "Ma'lady." He recited in a fake British accent and smiled. Harmony chuckled and placed her hand in his. "You're still an idiot."

"Yea but I'm your idiot." He shut the door and linked arms with her as they entered the building.

"Wow.." Harmony unlinked her arm to admire all the plaques and photos of different Uptown artists on the walls. She slowly approached a plaque for the 'Forever My Lady' album and stood in front of it. Her heart started to flutter with a series of emotions while memories of when the boys first recorded those songs back in Charlotte were brought forth into her mind.

Donald placed his arm around her shoulder as they stared at the plaque together. "Remember how pissed Joel was when I wouldn't let him sing on 'Come And Talk To Me'?"

Harmony let out a soft chuckle. "Yea I felt so bad. He really thought he was gon' take over the song after y'all kicked Sue off the track."

They both laughed and headed down the hall. "It's all good though. He got all the good parts on Diary of a Mad Band, and he's definitely gon' be heard on the next one. We have this track called 'Pump it Back' I got him singing lead on and lemme just tell you, yo best friend was not havin' that shit." He snickered and stopped in front of a door that read 1B.

"Typical Cedric behaviour." Harmony shook her head.

Donald unlocked the door and allowed Harmony to enter first. "Well damn..." She scanned the studio in awe. "Y'all came a long ass way from the Hailey's basement, Baby Boo." She teased with a little sass in her voice and plopped down on a chair in front of the soundboard.