Chapter 15.

Chapter 15.
Heroes.

You don't need to see him. You don't need to write him letters. You don't need to read his letters either. Don't go back there, it's not right.

    Corazana kept repeating that to herself as she was holding his last letter close to her chest. He tried so hard to follow her move, they had been exchanging song's lyrics for a month now, never sending anything more than that. As much as this situation was fucked up, it was still better than having to confront her own feelings about Beetlejuice.

"Feelings?!" she squealed out loud, "no, no, no. This can't be it. I'm just very compassionate. Yeah, that's right. Compassionate."
"You're talking to yourself now? I'm scared." said her roommate, who didn't seem scared at all.
"I... huh... Yeah."

    They weren't very close. Not at all. In fact, Corazana was pretty sure it was the first thing Lizzy has told her since she came back from her holiday at her parents.

"You might be more fun than I thought you were. I mean less boring," continued Lizzy.
"Thank you?"
"You're welcome. Who's that guy you're talking about? 'cause he sure ain't Nathan."
"Eh... He isn't. He's one of my neighbour. Sort of."
"Hm."

    Corazana could tell that Lizzy wasn't really interested. But there was not much to do at the campus on Sunday.

"You wanna grab a coffee?" proposed Corazana.
"No thanks, why don't you go bother your boyfriend so I can have the room for myself a little?"

    Lizzy was everything Cora wasn't: bored, introvert, rude and very pessimistic. But since she was never asking anything to Corazana ever, politely or not, she left for the rest of the afternoon. It was after walking for an hour around the university that she noticed she was still holding his last letter. So she read it again.

"We could be heroes,
Just for one day...?"

    He had turned it into a question because Bowie wasn't asking anything in his song.

"Damn it! It's a proposition!" she suddenly realized, "he wants us to... to..."

To do something, obviously. But you're gonna have to go back there to know what exactly. Because he sure won't tell you that with lyrics, thought Cora to herself.

    She kept walking, counting on her fingers how long it will be before Christmas break. Only two weeks. Two weeks to pretend she was head over heels for Nathan before going back to her parent's and seeing the ones she truly cared about. And the one she truly cared about.

Get that idea out of your head, stupid. This is a fucked up situation, stop encouraging it!

    But her mind was all set. Corazana already knew why she was coming back, apart from her family, the Maitlands and the Deetz.