the highschool years go by like a snail.

taehyung steps out of the car with his aunt close behind him, carrying a small bag of clothes that taehyung didn't want to get himself. he punched in the door code and stepped inside. the house smelled of alcohol and pain medicine.

looking to the left, his father was on the couch drinking a can of bud lite, a woman in a t-shirt and undergarments were shoved up next to him smoking what looked to be a blunt of some sort. taehyung didn't care enough to ask. walking down that long corridor, the smell of the alcohol more prominent than before. taehyung walked into his room and it was clean like how he left it.

his bed was made, under his bed was clean and still had his tissue box, that still had pictures of his mother under the first layer of cardboard. he bowed to his aunt and allowed her to leave, escorting her to the door. taehyung heard little footsteps, and his heart jumped in his chest.

"taetae!!!" screamed a little red-headed girl, her hair a darker red than normal redheads. she ran up to her brother and gave him a giant hug on the leg before he scooped her up and covered her face in kisses.

"hey, mae! taehyung missed you so much," he said, smiling. he carried her into his room and sat her on the floor, going into his closet and retrieving a stuffed bear. 

"look who was sitting up here," he said grinning. 

"oh my good-good-goodness," she yelled, running and jumping into his arms, grabbing the bear on her way. "you found gamma!" she beamed and cuddled into his hoodie.

taehyung hugged her back and stroked her head. "hey mae, guess what," taehyung whispered.

"what taetae?"

"taehyung met a boy while he was gone," he whispered, and he waited for his sister's reaction. his sister was the only one who thought being gay was weird, considering she was only 6 years old, but nonetheless, he teased her about it whenever he got the chance.

"ewww! she screamed and smiled, hitting taehyung softly on the chest and ruffling his hair. "taetae why'd you go back to brown? i liked your pretty mint chocolate chip hair!"

taehyung fake-thought for a moment. "well, mae, now we can be red velvet and milk chocolate." he said with his sister, who, if this could be possible, smiled more.

"my milk chocolate taetae!" she mumbled, hugging into her brother's hoodie.

heavy footsteps appeared outside of the door, and the door slammed open with a bang. 

"well isn't that my faggot son who can't pass a class with anything higher than a B."

"wow isn't that my dad whos an alcoholic and abusive," taehyung shot back, hugging his sister to his chest tighter, while she covered her eyes.

"listen here brat. im not laying a hand on you so they cant take you away. i can do whatever else i want, you hear me? if you so much as to make a single bit of noise tonight while i have friends over, i swear I'll kill you. i don't care if they take me to jail for it."

god, jungkook where are you.

##

god taehyung where are you.

jungkook knew being attached to someone like that would be bad for him, but he couldn't help it. his cute face, his pretty thighs, and his pretty body. when he was happy, his little boxy grin was so pretty. everything on him was perfect. his voice when he talked about something serious made him so interested, even though he had no idea what he was talking about.

it was always about college or something re-

wait.

college.

the only chance he could have to see his baby again. college.

taehyung had mentioned going to a college away from manhattan, and he'd been saving for years so he could go to it. he'd always mentioned going to-

he knows what he has to do. jungkook slides his mouse to find the new tab button, opening up a tab and entering in taehyungs college. he glides the mouse to the admission button and reads the prompt.

his hands glide across the keys, every stroke of his hand typing a word faster than the one before, rushing, but also taking his time on the work before him so he can get accepted.

admissions are due by tomorrow. 

perfect.

##

(short bc im tired)