closer.

after living together for a couple of weeks, they have gotten used to the presence of each other. when jungkook brings his friends jimin and hoseok over, they always seemed to bring out the best in taehyung. a night where the 4 were having a slumber party, taehyung received a mysterious phone call, one that all the boys wouldn't recognize except tae. the ringer vibrated in his pocket, and he took it out and scanned the number, making a small gasp in surprise. as he put the phone on speaker, he ran his other hand around the hems of his hoodie pockets. the soft cotton feeling nothing but comfortable on his healing skin. as the hospital began to speak, the boy began to listen.

"is this taehyung?" an old woman said on the phone. she seemed like a nice woman, but from her job choice, not so much.

"uh, yea, this is him," taehyung said into the speaker. "why?"

"this is about your father."

tae went quiet and set the phone in his other hand, putting his other on his knee and propping himself up. he pressed the speaker button again to disable it and put the phone to his ear. "i'm listening."

"taehyung, your father is expecting a visit from you tomorrow. he wants to discuss some things to you in private. is that ok hun?"

taehyung suppressed the urges to scream and cry, and he suppressed the urges to go and cry into jungkooks arms like a baby. he spoke calmly and emotionless as he usually does, to make out 3 simple words. "i'm not going."

and with that, he hung up the phone.

and he suppressed his urge to cry into his crush's chest. he hid it so far into the box of his soul and locked it up extra tight. 

and he put that key in his pocket.

when he turned around, jimin was asleep on hoseoks shoulder, which was laying on the beanbag tae was going to sleep. jungkook, being the owner of the room, was in his bed with his phone out and his headphones in, totally oblivious. so he didn't hear him on that phone call? no, he did. he's just pretending he didn't.

tae crawled up and straddled jungkook's legs, pressing his head to his stomach, right under where his hands held his phone. tae, wanting attention, picked up his hands and moved them over his head, sliding under the arch, and sitting his hands back down on the back of his hoodie.

and tae placed a little hidden kiss to jungkooks stomach, one jungkook would never see.