One Shot 2.2: Confession Letters (His Letter)

Dear Lesley,

Hi. I'm sorry that I've been busy these past few weeks. They kept on picking me for the battle. It just saddened me that in those battles, you're not with me. It was rarely for us to be in the same team.

How are you? Does your evil– I mean good little brother still gives you a hard time? I know how stubborn he is. But you are so lucky to have a sibling like him Les. He loves you so much and he is so protective of you. I can't count how many times he had threatened me about being close to you. He even said that he doesn't want me to be his brother-in-law because no one is allowed to date you. That's the level of sister complex he has.

Since we were rarely on the same team, I was just contented by spectating you when you are in a battle. Even when I was in a battle, when I heard that you are on game, I sneaked out on my own battlejust to watch you. I've done that so many times before, many heroes got mad of me you know. And then they schedule our battles on different times so that I won't have to sneak out.

Spectating you while on a battle brings back the memories before I set my foot here in the Land of Dawn. The way you used your camouflage and surprised your enemies by hitting them with that damage, I remember how you watched and protected your little brother from afar when the time he didn't know that you were following him. Oh, I didn't tell you right?

Well yeah, I kinda stalked– I mean, followed you while you were also following Harley. I knew how focus you were when it comes to Harley that you didn't notice some jungle monsters were about to attack you from behind. Of course, I beat them before they could even hurt you. So it was like a chain of protecting someone? Haha.

And when Harley discovered that you were following him, I still watched you from afar, even when you arrived here in the Land of Dawn. I wanted to approach you before, even while you were just following Harley. You mesmerized me from the second I set my eyes on you.

I never met a woman before whose as fierce and as beautiful as you, you know.

And I got tired of my own charade so I decided to set my foot here in the Land of Dawn. I can't keep on watching you from the distance. I want to stay by your side. I want to protect you. I want to know you better.

I kept on talking to you, even though you're a quiet one. Others may think that you are not interested with what I'm saying but your face says otherwise. I can see in your eyes that you were listening attentively. And to me, that was enough. But I didn't expect that you would also share your stories to me, on how your father taught you on using that rifle, the first time you hit the bull's eye, when the Vance household was attacked, your last moment with your father, how you picked up that rifle and shot down those assassins, how the Vance family took care of you, how stubborn Harley is, your adventures while following Harley and so much more. While you were speaking, I can't help it but to stare at your face, it's adorable how your expression changes from time to time. Your beautiful voice matches your face you know. I was so captivated but I managed to remember all what you have said. It was rare of you to speak for more than an hour, even for a minute. just kidding.

But lately, I am very sad.

These past few days, I felt like you're keeping your distance from me. Did I do something wrong? Are you mad at me? Please tell me. I've been thinking what could possibly I've done wrong that made you ignore me.

Are you annoyed of me being talkative? Are you already tired to hear my stories? Please tell me. Not being able to talk with you, heck, even not being near with you kills me. You know, it may sound cheesy but you are my light. Without you, everything feels dull, like there's no life at all. Your presence is already enough to lighten my mood, to complete my day. And of course whenever I can make you smile makes me want to kiss you. Are you shock?

You shouldn't be. You don't know how beautiful you are when you smile Les. I can stare at you all day and I'll be very happy with that. Heck, I even want for you to be the first one I will see in the morning and last one before I close my eyes at night.

I hope you can read between the lines. No, I know you can read between the lines. You are a smart one. So you know what I am trying to say right?

I love you Lesley.

The moment I saw your magenta hair, pulled that trigger to protect Harley from a monster and saw your smile, my heart skipped a beat and I knew that time, you're one of a kind. Scratch that, 'my' one of a kind. Oh why, yes, I'm claiming you as mine.

Harley is still getting in the way but he can't stop me. Even though you're avoiding me, that can't stop me.

I'm tired of keeping my feelings for you so prepare yourself, love. I'm gonna chase you whenever you go, I'll make sure you'll fall for me.

I love you.

Insanely in love with you,
Gusion Paxley

~~~~~

So yeah, a contradiction to Lesley's letter.