One Shot 28: Taller

Eyyyy~ it's been a while. Tee-hee (^_^メ)

~~~~~

"Gusion! Stop running around!" He heard his older brother Aamon told him as soon as he ran off.

The naughty eight-year old Gusion just looked back and stuck out his tongue before using his newly discovered skill— Incandescense— which was his ability to teleport and dash in a short distance.

Today was the birthday of the crown princess of the Moniyan Empire— Silvanna— that was why they were in the Celestial Palace for her birthday banquet.

And Gusion hates banquet— or more on like, he hates socializing with other noble kids.

All he wanted was to practice his skills— dagger skills and not the boring magic spells from the Elders.

Gusion continued walking until he reached the Western Expanse. This was actually the training ground of the Moniyan Knights.

His eyes twinkled in delight because he would be able to kill some time here until the banquet was finished.

He took off his suit and it revealed the dagger holder that was attached to his waist.

Gusion was practicing his Sword Spike and Shawdowblade Slaughter to the creeps but then as he threw one of his daggers, it missed and nearly hit a figure that passed by.

"Harley!"

A female voice was heard out of nowhere. The figure that supposed to be hit by his dagger was gone and was replaced by a top hat.

But he noticed that a long haired girl was holding his dagger.

Since his dagger— Light Ray— had his magic rune, he was able to move towards her without any difficulty.

And there he was standing in front of the most beautiful girl he had ever seen.

The girl had long magenta hair in braids, green eyes, and a remarkable hairpin with blue feathers.

She was wearing suit and pants.

A dame?

Out of nowhere, a little boy re-appeared with a top hat. He immediately glared at him and pushed him away from the girl.

"Stay away from my sister!" The little boy shouted while glaring at him.

"Harley, that's bad. What did I say when talking to other people? Don't raise your voice." The girl kneeled in front of the little boy and fixed his hair.

Then the beautiful girl turned to him, "I'm so sorry for my little brother's behavior." She smiled at him and handed him his dagger, "I believe this is yours?"

Gusion wasn't able to speak and was just staring at her but he was able to get the dagger from her.

"Are you all alone here? Wasn't it dangerous for you practicing alone?" The beautiful girl added.

It must be her sister's instincts kicking in. She's like an older sister.

"I-I'm used to practice alone. I prefer practicing alone." Gusion answered shyly.

The beautiful girl smiled again, "Oh, that's amazing. But you still need to be careful."

Gusion noticed the brooch that Harley and the beautiful girl were wearing.

Even though he skipped a lot of lessons, he knew that the symbol the brooch they were wearing was the symbol of the Vance family— the ducal family of the North.