twenty five

you turned around quickly, didn't even had chance to say hi to daniel, just to be met with daehwi and jaemin. they ran towards you with both confused faces.

"y/n, what are you doing here?" jaemin asks, looking at you. you sighed loudly as your face went pale. this is getting out of hand!

who thought daehwi and jaemin are in the same dancing class as yours!

do you have to tell them the truth or not?

the boy are still staring at you in curious. "hmm .. well, I think .. hmm I'm into dancing lately! yes! i'm into dancing lately so here I am!" you said, now staring at both of them. at this point, you're not sure if they actually believed you or not.

jaemin pulls you closer to him and then wraps his arms around your shoulder, "why don't you say so? if you said to us, we can go to this class together!" you just look at him uncomfortably, trying to push his arms.

daehwi quickly grab jaemin by his shirt, "don't do that you shithead .. come here instead." daehwi says as he pulls jaemin closer to him.

"bro, she ain't your girl! plus she's our friend." jaemin says as he still wanting to get closer with you, you don't really mind but you feel slightly uncomfortable, having a skinship with boys unless it's with the members.

daehwi laughed sarcasmly, clapping his hands slightly, "that's not the point jaejae, of course she's our friend but she's a girl, and we boys gotta respect girls .. the bounderies, what we can do and what we cannot do, understand?"

jaemin just stare at daehwi with a smug face, "okay okay dad, i'll listen to you this time .."

"and for my cutie here, i'm so sorry okay?? I promise I won't do that again." jaemin says at you softly. "actually jae, I don't really mind with that maybe we just met a few months so I thought it would be so awkward .. plus we're friends anyway right!"

daehwi giggles softly, looking at you. "sure we're just friends." he whispers, no one could hear him.

---

the head instructor, chan told the rest of the students to form a huge circle in the mirrored dancing room.

"okay guys since we got a new student, we want to welcome her right?" other students just nod their heads, "sit down and close your eyes." he says softly.

"here we go again fellas adios i'm closing my eyes girls-" daehwi whacks jaemin's back, "I swear i'll put my damn socks if you can't shut that mouth jae, you're embarrassing."

jaemin just laugh, staring at his bestfriend, "sounds kinky enough huh daehwi oppa."

daehwi just glare at him, just ignoring his existence.

"okay guys, hold your friend's hand .. hold them tight, jae close your eyes." chan says, scanning the whole class, check if his student is cheating or not.

you don't really know what's happening, just go with the flow. you thought this dancing class is more like teaching you how to dance and then you just can go back. it's more than just a dancing class.

"I'll turn off the light, if you're afraid it's okay .. don't worry look you're still holding your friend's hand right? you want to know why is that? that means you trust your friend."

"you don't even know the person beside you right? you maybe just met today .. but look you're not pulling away from your friends right? it's okay if you just met them, you can build the bond between each other soon so don't worry."

"but I've known daehwi since I was in my my mom's womb, i've got bored at him already can I pull away? plus your palm is sweaty-"

daehwi silently smack his head before grabbing his hand tightly.

chan grabs his phone before putting on some soft and suitable song for us, kind like lo-fi. you don't really know if it's the song or what, somehow you feel so sad. your mind keep flashing back with the scene where your old friends hanging out with you, it had been awhile .. less than 3 years since you met her.

your bestfriend, nally. the one that always cherish our friendship. the last day you met her was at the beach, you didn't know that was the last day, only if you know .. you don't want to let her go, don't want to stop hugging her, play with her hair, eating ice cream with her, comfort each other.

a bright girl that never lost hope, smiling is her thing, with her pony tail and her flowy yellow dress, you both went to the nearest ice cream parlor. tipping her toes, she bought for us an ice cream .. the last ice cream. you both hold hands before crossing the street but both of these girls didn't know that there was a drunk driver was trying to cross the road as well. a loud crash, a tiny scream, she pushed you ahead with her ice cream in her hand, you looked back at nally, the ice cream was on the asphalt, her yellow dress now was stained by blood and dirt, tears flowing down those blushed cheeks, a smile was still decorating her face, covering her pain through her petite body.

"y/n y/n .. hey .." daehwi who was beside you gently shook your shoulder, you slowly reopen your eyes, tears slowly running down your cheeks, you look at him before looking around. they all looking at you, "I .. I'm sorry .. I didn't mean .. to cry."

chan slowly come towards you, kneeling down behind you, he pats your shoulder gently, "it's okay, you feel a bit overwhelmed .. that's all."

"you okay y/n?" that's all he asked but you don't know why, you rest your head on his shoulder. "I missed my late bestfriend." he then wrap his arms around your shoulder, "ah .. i'm sorry, it's okay .. look i'm still here and jaemin too, plus you never let my hand go right? that means you trust me, you trust your friend."

meanwhile, beside daehwi, "damn, this is not fair daehwi! you can hug her but me .. I couldn't hmmm."

"okay everyone, I know some of you feel sad and I understand that, go take a rest and come back here in 10 minutes okay?" chan says before heading out of the dance class.

---

chan came back with a few red threads in his hand and a few small candles, "guys, sit in the circle .. we have to end this session for today, this is the last activity, the most unique way to end this class."

"i'll give each one of you a candle, you need to light it up infront of you okay. each one of you need to get up from your seat and then sit infront of your friend, look at each other .. hold hands, you guys can talk about anything, after that you guys will sit infront me."

each one of us started to get up and sit infront of our friends, you feel that the last activity is very good to create a bond between each other.

"hi, i'm daniel .. the one that tried to approach you first." oh! it's daniel. you smile as you grab his hands, "hi daniel, i'm y/n .. i'm sorry about just now." he looks at you, "no it's okay, I understood. anyway y/n welcome to our family y/n." you muttered a thank you at him before smiling at him once again. "i'm going next .. bye daniel."

the next person it's daehwi

"hey y/n " he gently hold your hands, "hi daehwi. thank you for everything, comforting me and being a truly great friend to me." he giggles softly, "don't tell jaemin but you're the great person daehwi-ah." he just stare at you, "sure .. i'm your friend right? of course I need to be the best one." you squeeze his hands once again, "thank you once again daehwi, my dearest friend." you say softly before getting up.

his eyes are shaking a bit, daehwi looks down at his feet, trying to calm himself down.

what is this feeling?

---

"you're the last one y/n, come closer to me .. give me your wrist." chan says softly. "actually I knew the real of you y/n, you're one of the bighit trainee right? it's okay .. I won't tell a soul about this, I hope you're doing well with the path that you've chose, don't worry about the obstacle, it's normal .. any path has obstacle, just the way you handle might make it less worse, everyone is rooting for you .. you're amazing." he says while tying the red thread under the candle.

"you came here for a reason, do your best, i'm behind you y/n. goodluck."

---

thank you for reading this! kinda have sotus the series vibe in the end hohoho

stay safe and healthy love