OAK TATTOO

When they looked around, they saw a villa full of men lying around, some dead and others just chilling out unconscious.

All six started looking out for clues, they all found 21 cellphones owing to the 21 men lying in the house.

Elisha grabbed all the mobiles and her own laptop from her bag and proceeded to another room to inspect them all and find a common link.

Meanwhile the others carried or dragged or pulled each man however they could and brought them all to the living room.

"Guys take a look!" Zehra said as she exposed a man's ankle. He had a pretty tattoo on his ankle. It was a oak tree in a circular frame.

(For reference, it looked like this pretty drawing I found on pinterest)

"So? Its a harmless tattoo." Sappho said.

"Its a "Follow the tribe tattoo", but I don't get it, it is a spiritual group based here in Pune and aims at reforming people or helping people find their true selves. They even have a rehab facility which provides 24/7 care to people who are willing to change." Anush exclaimed.

"Wait a minute, Arvind was in that rehab for a year, he left the centre just a month before getting killed." Arvi said.

All the men that had attacked them, had the same tattoo on their ankles.

Elisha came from the other room and said "I think I have got it guys, the common link , they all have only one number in their contacts and when I searched further I found, they all are part of 'Follow the tribe' and the number they have in their mobile phones are saved as "BOSS" but when I searched further I found that the number was registered on a dead guy's name who has been dead for almost 3 decades. So right now, we have absolutely no clue about their boss, I tried tracking down the number but it seems like a burner cell, it can't be traced."

"Oh bummer!, we have to find another way out before they find a way to us." Avantika said.

"What we can do now is an undercover sting operation to find out what really is going on in that place because nobody can go for their meetings unless they have been invited." Anush told the others.

"Then we can arrange an invite and I can go and be your source in this follow the tribe group" Avantika said.

"Nope, I am not going to let you go to this place, I mean I am a journalist and its best I do the honors!" Anush said.

"Anush, she is right I think Avantika should go because whoever is behind this attack knows you, Sappho and Arvi because they have clearly attacked you so its best now to send in an unknown face instead of you!" Zehra said.

"Elisha could track Avantika's every movement, Arvi and Sappho could be backup incase anything goes wrong and both of us can be intel and work on busting this thing open before they get to us" Zehra explained.

"We should get back and get some sleep, we need to chalk out the plan tomorrow and execute it too so let's get going and guys please take care of all this or else we might go to jail tomorrow" Anush said pointing towards the men lying on the floor and staring at Sappho and Arvi.

Sappho and Arvi nodded as they saw the four girls leaving, Sappho shouted "Do not contact me I will call you tomorrow and set the whole meeting up".

"Sure" was the only reply she heard as they whizzed past her.