fuck up

MIKEY'S POV

"Hey man, why did Y/n leave?" Frank asked, setting the Xbox controller down. "I thought we were all having fun?"

"I don't know." Gerard shrugged, throwing himself on the couch. What a liar. I thought. He knows. I don't know exactly what he knows, but he knows.

"You sure?" Frank tried to pry. "She left kinda suddenly, and she didn't even say anything about why."

"Yeah, no idea." Gerard lied again. "Maybe she was just tired."

"Well what were you guys talking about down in the basement?" I asked Gerard, crossing my arms.

"Wait, what?" Frank asked. "You guys were talking in the basement?"

"What? No!" Gerard shook his head in defense. We all looked at him until he threw his hands up. "Okay, yeah, we were talking, but it wasn't anything serious, she was just looking for her bag or whatever. We talked for like five seconds, that's it."

"That's it?" Frank and I said in unison.

"That's it." Gerard repeated.

"Whatever." We answered together again.

Y/n didn't sit with us at lunch on Monday, and I think it really bothered Gerard, who stared at her as she walked past us, not even acknowledging our presence. It sure as hell bothered Frank, who turned away from her, huffing and puffing, all red in the face with offense. Ray just sat there, eyebrows raised, staring at his sandwich. Nobody said anything out loud, it was extremely likely that Gerard or Frank was going to blow up.

I was worried that Y/n wouldn't talk to me in gym anymore, and I would be left alone again, but to my surprise, she jogged right up next to me and struck up a conversation. "How are you doing today Mikey Way?"

"Um...pretty okay." I said. "How come you didn't sit with us today?"

"Oh, well I just didn't feel like it today." She answered, now jogging backwards. "I made some other friends, and wanted to sit with them."

"Wow, you already have more friends?" I was a little jealous. "I've been going here two years and I barely have any friends outside of the gang."

"Well, you should make some!" Y/n laughed, a cheery smile glowing on her face. "You have me, and you're always welcome to hang out with me, you know!"

"Really?"

"Yes, of course!" She nodded and laughed again. "And you can always text me if you wanna talk, I'm pretty much available all hours of the day."

"Thanks Y/n. You sure you're not mad at us or anything, right?"

"Not mad at you at least." Gerard.

"Are you mad at Gee?" I asked, staring at my running feet.

Y/n sighed loudly and looked out at the road. "...yeah..."

"What did he do?"

"It's not important." Y/n deflected. "He was just an asshole, and I don't really want to be around him right now."

"Are you gonna wanna be around him ever?" I hoped she would say yes.

"Probably." Yes! "I'm just gonna see if he pulls his head out of his ass and apologizes, or if I have to beat an apology out of him."

"Okay...you'll probably have to beat him up though." I cautioned. "He doesn't like to admit he's wrong. Like, ever."

"Yeah, so I noticed." She scoffed. "Just, don't tell anyone that I'm upset, okay? I don't need people pitying me or getting involved, or god forbid finding out I have emotions."