Chapter 7: Surprise!

Start from the beginning

"Alright then."

Ash opened the door, walked in, and reached for the light switch. What was about to happen next Ash didn't expect.

"Flick." Ash turned on the light.

"SURPRISE!" All of Ash's friends, family, and Pokémon popped up and nearly gave him a heart attack.

"You guys. You all didn't have to do this. You nearly killed me." Ash had one hand on the back of his head and the other on his chest, right above his heart.

"Ohh don't be such a baby." Brock said while walking up to Ash and placing an arm on his shoulder. "And of course we did. You didn't think we would let you come home after so long and not give you a welcome home party?"

"Thank you all so much." Ash's eyes started to water. Everyone was there.

Except for one.

'Of course she wouldn't be here.' Ash thought to himself.

"Who put all of this together?" Ash asked.

"She did." Brock pointed toward the crowd of people and Pokémon. Ash was confused at first until they started to split off to the sides of the room and there was only one person left in the middle of the room.

"Misty?" Ash walked up to her. They stared at each other for a few seconds before Misty pulled him into a hug. She looked at the floor and started to cry.

"I'm so sorry for hurting you Ash. I'm more sorry than I have ever been in my entire life. I shouldn't have said what I..." Ash cupped her chin and brought her up to make eye contact. Ash's gaze told her everything she needed to know. Everything was forgiven. Ash then brought her into another hug. He started to whisper in her ear.

"I'm sorry as well Misty. I should have never left on my journey. I never meant to hurt you or anyone. I was so caught up in my dreams that I lost track of everything else. I promise I will never let that happen again. I care to much about you to let it. I'm so sorry Misty. I can't tell you that enough." Ash started to cry.

Misty pushed him back so she could wipe the tears from his face.

"Hey it's okay. I know your sorry and I know you have always cared. I forgive you."

Ash looked at her and smiled. It warmed her heart to see him happy.

"Now follow me. I have a surprise for you." Misty winked at him and motioned for him to follow.

This intrigued Ash. 'What kind of surprise?' Ash thought to himself.

Once they walked onto the large patio outside, Ash looked around and saw that nothing was there. Misty then looked at him and pointed out towards the field.

"Walk further out there. We'll be right here." Misty told him. Pikachu hoped off his shoulder and jumped into Misty's arms.

"Pika pi Pikachu." (Go on Ash.)

Ash walked out to the center of the field. All he could see was the forest in front of him, the lake to his right, and the lab directly behind him. He looked back at Misty and everyone else behind him.

He started to walk back to the patio. "There's nothing out..." Ash stopped. He could sense something. There was an aura. A strong one. One he hadn't sensed in a very long time. He recognized it almost immediately because the Pokémon it belonged to was that important to him. Misty knew this.

Ever since Ash found out he was the descendant of an Aura Guardian and he learned to harness his powers, he could sense a person's or Pokémon's aura if it was strong enough.