01

01.
It's Okay Not To Be Okay

The sound of the lock turning and the opening of the cell door reached the young blondes ears, but she didn't move her head. She sat in the corner with her arms wrapped around her legs and her knees to her chest. Her head laid upon her knees as she stared forward. She's sat in that same position for hours refusing to let her tears fall.

"Prisoner 320 stand and face the wall." Two guards spoke up as they entered the cell to see the girl sat in the corner. They knew what this day meant to her, but they couldn't care less because to them her father was a traitor.

Juliet lifted her head and stared at the guards with an almost expressionless face. She was slightly surprised because she wasn't turning 18 for another couple months. I guess they thought floating her on her fathers birthday would be symbolic. She stood slowly deciding to get it over with, at least this way she'll be with her father again.

"Hold out your right arm." One of the guards gruffed out impatiently.

She stuck her arm out in front of her, furrowing her eyebrows when she saw them pull out a silver bracelet. She had never seen anything like it before. They secured it around her wrist and she resisted the urge to wince at the stinging sensation. They roughly grabbed each of her arms and pushed her into the hall. Her eyes widened when she noticed the same thing happening to every other prisoner in the sky box. Juliet was slightly confused, but then her eyes widened in realization. They were going to float them all off to save oxygen, to give themselves more time. Her head sunk accepting her fate, this was always bound to happen, but at least taking her life would give someone else more time.

Then she heard a frantic voice calling her name and she looked up to see Clarke and Abby. She turned and gave the guard a pleading look. He didn't seem too happy with the idea but the other guard let her go. She ran down the hall and into the arms of the only mother figure she's ever known. When she pulled back Clarke pulled her into another hug.

She pulled back and noticed Clarke looked terrified, she spoke quickly. "They're sending us to Earth." Juliet blinked in surprise, but soon nodded in acceptance. Earth shouldn't be inhabitable for at least another year, it was still a death sentence.

Abby pulled both girls into another hug and kissed the top of their heads. "Stay safe." Juliet felt a sharp pain in her back and then all went black.

➷ ➸ ➹

Juliet found herself sitting side by side with Clarke in a drop ship. Juliet seemed really calm compared to the other blonde. She had time to accept her fate it's what haunted her dreams for the past year, that and the face of her father as he stared in fear.

"Welcome back." Both heads snapped to their right to see their old best friend, Wells. Clarke was instantly angered at the sight of the dark skinned boy beside her, but Juliet was just numb. She was always numb.

"Look I-" he tried to explain, but was cut off.

"Wells, why the hell are you here?" Clarke snapped in annoyance, but Juliet could tell her heart wasn't fully in it. She knew that she was mostly concered that another person she considered family would also be put in danger.

"When I found out they were sending prisoners to the ground, I got myself arrested. I came for you." he rushed out in hope that Clarke would understand. Juliet just watched the exchange silently. She was used to being the silent one and she knew that Clarke was really important to Wells. She also knew that Clarke wouldn't forgive him so easily. A part of her was peeved by the fact that he wasn't trying to apologize to her, but she shoved that feeling aside. She didn't need to be thinking about her feelings now.