Chapter 6 - The Voice Inside Me

I watch as the suns rays roll across the forest top, in waves of light. I'm standing on my balcony, letting the silence wash over me like a spell.

Today's the day.

Bloodshed.

A gentle breeze picks up and my cape slightly flutters in the wind. I close my eyes and take a deep breath in. Hopefully, nothing would screw up today.

This was my one chance to prove to Lady Jane, that I'm worthy to free everyone from my sisters curse.

Those evil girls would pay.

My hand tightens around my sword. Iron handle, studded with emeralds, with a long lean silver blade that flashed in the suns weak morning rays. This was the sword I usually wielded when I headed into battles.

I turn my heel and walk back into my bedroom, at the top of a tower. It's looks old-fashioned like the rest of the fortress, and I had spent way too much time clearing the dust when I first got here.

I sit down on the edge of my purple velvet bed and kick off my sneakers. Yeah, I wear sneakers when I'm alone. They are much more comfortable then wearing boots, although Lady Jane always wrinkles her nose when she sees me in them. That meant she didn't like them. If she didn't like them, then why should I do it. But it didn't stop me from not wearing them.

"D̵r̵c̵o̶,̶ ̵d̶o̴n̷ ̸d̴o̵ į̸t̴!̶"

What was that?

"Hello?" I call out to the empty room. "Who are you. Show yourself!"

o̵n̶'̶t̶ ̷ ̸i̴t̵ ̴B̸u̸d̴d̶y̷.̶"̵

The voice is glitchy, and it's hard to hear it. I turn my head around, trying to locate the source of this voice.

"̷B̴y̸ ̸t̶h̴e̸ ̸w̶a̴y̴,̸ ̸n̵i̶c̵e̵ ̸p̷l̴a̷c̴e̵ ̵o̵u̶ ̶g̴o̴t̵ ̶h̷e̵r̷e̵.̷ ̴o̷t̴ ̸o̵u̵r ̸u̴s̷u̵a̵l̶ ̴s̴t̷y̸l̸e̴,̷ ̵b̵u̶t̶ ̴i̷t̵ ̵w̴o̴r̴k̷.̴"̴ ̸

"Who are you?" I call out again. The voice chuckles, as if it is amused. My hands wrap around my sword. "Show yourself."

"I̶m̷ ̵y̵o̶u̴.̵"

A beat of silence. What?

"̵W̶e̶l̶l̵.̵.̷.̷t̶h̷ ̴b̷e̵t̵t̷e̷r̶ ̵y̷o̷u̵.̷ ̸I̷ ̷g̶u̵e̴s̷s̵.̴ ̸I̷'̶m̴ ̴i̶n̴i̴d̶e̷ ̶o̴u̷r̷ ̵e̶a̴.̵ ̷h̵o̶!̷ ̷W̵o̴w̷!̵ ̴a̵g̴i̶c̴.̴ ̶S̵o̴ ̷i̷ ̷y̶u̴ ̴w̵a̶n̶n̷a̴ ̷a̷t̸t̸k̴ ̷e̶,̷ ̶h̴r̴o̴w̶ ̶y̶u̶r̵s̶e̴f̶ ̴o̸f̸f̶ ̶t̵ ̸b̴a̴l̵c̶o̶y̷"̴

"Your lying."

"y̵ ̷w̴u̴l̵ ̶I̷ ̴l̶i̶ ̶t̵o̴ ̷m̶y̵s̸e̸l̴f̴?̵"

I shake my head, and I hear a knock on my door. I quickly standup, shove my feet into my shoes, and open the door.

"Good morning Lady Jane."