Seven

"Ok, so here is a list of things that I need to do. Can you think of anything else?" I handed Trace the list that I had been working on for an hour.

"When do you check in with your lawyer?" He asked after looking it over.

I hadn't thought of that. "I guess I need to do that today. I'll call him when we land and get to the house." He wrote that down. Then I noticed that he wrote something else too.

"I also made a list of the employees at the restaurant. I will get with Mandy and Bentley on who can stay or go. And the suppliers. Figure out how soon we can open back up."

"You also need to relax. You are not alone in this sweetheart!"

"I know that. I just like to be prepared for anything."

"Come here, sweetheart." He tugged on my hand. I stood and sat in his lap. I put my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes
A sigh escaped my lips. "Now that is better!" Trace said quietly as he started playing with my hair. I felt a kiss to my forehead as I fell asleep.

I woke up as I felt Trace rubbing my back. I realized that we were laying almost flat. I was at his side cuddled against him. I stretched. "I love you Trace. You're the best husband in the world! I'm extremely lucky to have you as mine."

"You make it so easy to be a good husband. I love you too, sweetheart! Till the end of time. I am the luckiest man alive to be able to call you mine. I also love holding you....... just as much as eating your food!"

I laughed and kissed him deeply. We were interrupted by Rachel coming over the speaker. "We will be landing in ten minutes! Rise and shine!"

Trace pushed a button on the armrest. "Thank you mom. We're both awake."

"You're welcome honey." The landing was smooth and we caught a cab for the ten minute ride to my house. I opened the gate with my remote so the cab could take us to the door. "Tamara! This house is beautiful! I'm glad you're keeping it."

"Thank you, mom." Rachel gasped when I called her mom. Then a beautiful smile made her look years younger. We hugged. "Any time you want to come here, you guys are more than welcome to use the house. And use any room that you want. There are four bedroom suites upstairs and one downstairs. Fully stocked kitchen. Make yourself at home." I let them get settled before I went to the restaurant. I also showed them where the keys were to all the vehicles, and the house.

Trace stayed with his parents when I left. "Tamara! What in the hell is going on?" Julia said loudly as I stepped in the door. I looked around.

"Looks like everyone is here. Alright! Let me breathe a minute and look at a few things then we will have a meeting."

"Someone said that you own the restaurant. Is that true?" She persisted.

"Yes I do." Bentley and Mandy came to me with hugs. "Ok guys, let me sit and look over what you have come up with."

"You're looking a little pale, but better than the last time you were here."

I smiled. "Thanks! What do we have?" I found out that he basically just closed for the night and decided to not open it back up. "Ok so are we able to open up in two or three days time for business as usual?"

"Yes, I believe so." Bentley agreed with Mandy. "If we can get the groceries."

"Ok, let's go do this meeting. I need some water, too." My phone rang with Trace's name. "Hey honey!"

"Hey sweetheart! Can I join you or is this a members only meeting?"

"Of course you can! It is your business to know what is going on too."