Eight

I wake up and stretch. Mistake! I run for the bathroom. Trace comes in and gets a cool rag for my neck as he holds my hair out of the way.

I wash my face and brush my teeth. Then we shower together.

"One thing about this baby, he or she is already bringing us closer together." I tell Trace as we get out of the shower. "Good morning, my love!"

"Good morning, sweetheart! Feeling better?"

"I do feel better. You're a huge help." We go downstairs to the kitchen. I start cooking breakfast as Trace takes his customary seat at the bar with his coffee. This is how Rachel and Mike find us. Mike joins Trace as Rachel helps with breakfast.

"Trace, why do we always find you sitting and watching Tamara cooking?" Mike asked his son.

"I like watching her cook. It's like watching an artist paint a masterpiece." I could hear the smile in his voice.

As we sit to eat, I realize that I am actually eating a little more than I have the past week.

I stand to gather the dishes, but Trace stops me. "The dishes are mine. Sit and relax." So I did what he wanted me to.

Soon, we are in the car going to some local small mom-and- pop shops. They buy souvenirs, including beach hats, sand dollars, and cowhide rugs.

We decide as a group, to go to the restaurant and receive the orders put in yesterday. When the salmon, crab and shrimp are brought in, I get extremely dizzy. "Trace!" I start to wobble, but Trace catches me. I am carried into the dining room. "Thank you love!" I tell him after I get a sip of water. I lay my head back and breathe deep, slow breaths.

I'm proud of myself! I didn't pass out! I felt a smile come to my face. "What is that smile for?"

"I didn't end up on the floor!" I told him cheerfully. We both laughed.

"I'm happy for that!" He replied.

"Ok, Ms. Harrison! Here is your copy."

"Thank you Jacob, but it isn't Harrison anymore. It is Mrs. McNeil now. This is my husband Trace. My mom and dad, Rachel and Mike. Everyone, this is Jacob Jones. My favorite meat delivery." They all shook hands as Jacob blushed.

"Nice to meet y'all! Congratulations! You got a great woman!"

"Thank you! I think that I got the best! Nice meeting you also."

"I never thought that I would meet Trace McNeil! This must be my lucky day!" Jacob was always a simple man. He's a little slow minded, but he puts his heart into his work, and does a great job. I have always fixed him a simple quick meal when he delivers. I know that he was a huge Viking's fan.

"Jacob knows everything about the Vikings." I volunteered.

Jacob just nodded his head.

"Really? Give me your address and I'll call some of the guys to send autographs. I'm still friends with most of them that I played with and some that are playing now." Jacob gladly handed over his address with gusto.

"Wow! This is the best day ever!"

Bentley came through the door and greeted everyone. "Good morning, Jacob! I'm sure happy to see you!" They man-hugged.

"Good to see you, Bentley! How are you?"

"I'm great!"

"Jacob, Bentley will be doing all the ordering and receiving now. I'm moving to Montana with my husband."

"That's awesome! But I'm gonna miss you somethin terrible."

"Well I have your address. I'll write." He perked up at that.