Chapter 38 - Lizzy's Return

Start from the beginning

       "H-H-Hes-saidt-thathel-likedmeevers-sincew-wewerekidsa-andh-heaskedifh-hec-c-c-couldc-courtm-me..."

     Both Ella and Kristina's eyes almost looked like spirals. Ella lightly slapped Daniella's face to get her to snap out of it. "What?! I can't understand you! Speak in English!"

       "H-Hew-wantstocourtmeandheevenhuggedmeandIdidn'tknowwhattodo!"

       "What 'doo-doo' are you talking about?!" Ella got more confused with every word that came out of Daniella's mouth.

       "I think she said that Kristopher wanted to court her and he hugged her. I think, right?" Kristina turned to Daniella. She vigorously nodded a yes and squeezed Ella's arm.

       "A-Ah! My arm's not a stress-ball Anne!" Ella yelled. Daniella apologized and loosened her grip.

     Ella chuckled. "Tina, I'm glad you understand her language. You two aren't any different after all. And Anne, why don't we talk about this later after you've calmed down? The bell's gonna ring any minute now anyway. I promise we'll talk about it later," she assured.

     Daniella felt grateful and a bit lighter because she had someone to listen to her rambling. She mumbled a soft thank you to both Kristina and Ella. Seconds later, Daniel and Kristopher arrived, looking like they just finished an argument because of their stern faces. Kristopher's face glowed a bright pink when he saw Daniella and she instantly became a statue out of shock. Daniel saw Kristina and she scowled at him, he smirked to irritate her. Ella was enjoying the moment, when suddenly, Sean burst out of the door, ruining it. When he saw the two boys, his face lit up and he grabbed both Daniel's and Kristopher's arms.

       "Dudes!" He said in such a hurry. "We've been looking for you everywhere! You two like comic books right?! There's a convention later this afternoon at the mall! I heard they were selling a collector's edition for Dark Magician with a 30% discount! We g—"

     Before he could say anything else, Ella smacked his head, earning him a big bump. She just got irritated at the fact that he ruined the moment, and her fun. Not long ago, they were arguing about that exact same convention. She made plans for Daniel and Kristina, and Kristopher and Anne already, and Sean just had to steal the boys for that stupid comic convention. Now her plan was going down the drain. Sean confronted her and told her about this convention, told her to force Daniel and Kristopher to come, and she couldn't disagree more.  

     Gritting his teeth, Sean glared at Ella. "What the heck was that for?!"

       "That was for you being a moron!"

       "What?! I just wanted them to come-"

       "Exactly why you're a moron!"

       "You're a girl! You don't understand what comic conventions mean to us!"

       "Well duh?! What does it mean to you anyway?!"

       "Certainly something more important than you and your stupid plans!"

     That did it. Ella was seriously furious with Sean right now. She gave him one last death glare, and went inside the classroom without another word. Sean, Daniel, Kristopher, Daniella and Kristina had no idea what just happened. How could a ridiculous argument like that make Ella act that way? Not that they were ones to talk, because they all argued about the smallest things, but that was them and this was Ella. Ella wasn't like that, was she?

     Before anyone said anything else, the bell rang. Everybody went inside the classroom and paid less attention to class because they were all bothered about Ella's behaviour. During class that afternoon, Daniella couldn't bring herself to focus at all. She kept recalling everything that had transpired between her and Kristopher. Court her? He wanted to court her? This had to be some kind of joke right? Who in their right mind would court a girl like her? Obviously someone who didn't value their life very much.