Chapter 14 - Ella's Plan

"Teehee~ I'm getting so excited my feet won't stop tingling!" Ella bit her lip. It was last period, and only a few minutes left until the bell rings. She glanced at her best friend; Kristina was completely focused on their lesson. "Oh yeah," she thought. "Midterms are coming. Shoot I totally forgot. Phooey. No doubt Tina's gonna rank first again. I'm so proud of her!" 

  Ella then looked at Daniel, who, as usual, wasn't paying attention to the lesson at all. He was obviously reading a thick comic book--too obvious that it's such a surprise that nobody (except Kristina) scolded him yet. She grinned. Ella had been planning a little scheme for the two of them ever since this morning. Later they were gonna go shopping, and she asked Daniel to accompany them.

    "My clueless and dense little best friend deserves a break, and Daniel will know what to do! Leave it to him to pick something outrageous for Tina to wear! Hmm. Come to think of it," Ella glanced at Kristina again, who was seriously scribbling down notes.

     "I've never seen Tina wear a swimsuit before. HIHIHI~ This is gonna be so much fun!" she happily hummed to herself. She looked at her friend with loving eyes and sighed, "What am I gonna do with you? You really have no ideaOr are you just ignoring your own feelings? Silly girl. Another player joined the game. What are you gonna do, Tina?" 

  This time, Ella sneaked a peek at the new student sitting a few chairs behind Kristina and Daniel's desk. She noticed him staring blankly at the teacher with his mouth slightly open. She giggled to herself. This guy wasn's used to this, maybe? After all, he's been home-schooled ever since. "He's Daniel's rival. This is gonna be so much fun!"

  Two seconds later, she looked at the clock. Four... Three... Two... One...

RRRRRRRRRIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGG!!!!!

    "FINALLY!" Ella stood up and a few heads turned to look at her. "What?" She said. Her classmates just laughed and continued fixing their things, getting ready to go home. Ella grabbed her bag and dashed towards Kristina's desk. "TINAAAA!"

    "Well aren't you energetic today," she laughed. "Daniel, get your butt off that chair. You said you were coming with us today didn't you?" Kristina shot him a dirty look.

    "Un." He nodded, not taking his eyes off his comic book.

    "Alert," Ella whispered. "Hot weirdo approaching."

  Kristina snorted, then she saw Kristopher headed straight towards her, wearing a wide smile on his face. "TINZ!"

  Daniel heard his voice and casually put down his comic book. "So loud." He said.

    "TINZ! Hey!"

    "Call me that stupid name again and I'll rip your throat off!" Kristina barked.

  The young celebrity held his neck in mock horror. "Oh spare me! You're sooo adorable when you're mad TINZ!"

    "Tsk!" She scoffed.

    "So cute!" Ella laughed. Then she looked at Daniel's direction. He was staring outside the door. "Very cute!" she emphasized.

  Daniel got what Ella meant by that; he ignored her and then flipped the pages of his comic book out of annoyance. The same comic book that he ordered Kristina to fetch for him, Dark Magician. Kristopher noticed the cover and looked at Daniel. "Is that the first saga?" He asked. Daniel replied without looking at Kristopher, "Yeah."

    "That's rare. Where'd you get that?" He never took his eyes off the comic book on Daniel's hands. Kristina and Ella stared at him. Kristina remembered how they first met; Kristopher bumped in to her and she accidentally dropped the comic books. When he helped her pick them up, he was persistent on asking where she got those, or if those comic books belonged to her boyfriend. "Guys really like those type of books huh?" she thought.