Chapter 19 - Double Trouble

It was Monday again. The hallways were flooded with a lot of students. Kristina managed to reach her classroom in one piece. "Seriously," she mumbled. "I really hate crowds."

    "The sad life of a shorty." Daniel said. He was already sitting on his desk, reading another one of his thick comic books. Kristina rolled her eyes and dropped her bag on her chair beside him.

    "Good mooorning Tina!!!" Ella appeared out of nowhere and gave her best friend a surprise hug.

  She grunted, then sighed. "Ella, what do you eat everyday? You're always so energetic."

    "Heehee~ That's because I had an AMAZING weekend." She grinned. "What about you, Tina and..." Ella cleared her throat. "Daniel. How was your weekend guys?"

    "Great." Daniel replied, not looking away from the comic book he was reading. "Went to the beach, beaten up a few college guys, kissed a silly girl. Great. I had an awesome weekend." He gave Kristina a smug look. She ignored the two and sat down on her desk.

  Ella sat on Kristina's desk and they chatted while the teacher wasn't there yet. While Ella kept babbling about random stuff, Kristina just nodded and looked outside the window where she found another batch of paparazzi pushing towards the gate.

    "Looks like he's coming in any minute now," Ella noticed her friend looking outside the window. They both watched as a long, black limousine parked infront of the gates. Two men wearing formal black suits opened the door and when the person inside it came out, cameras flashed, paparazzi pushed harder and noise became louder. It was Kristopher.

  The young celebrity stepped outside with a smiling face, and walked towards the school between his two bodyguards. After a while, the limousine drove away but the paparazzi was persistent and kept on pushing, hoping to enter the school and follow Kristopher. The school guards quickly closed the gates as soon as he went inside.

    "They're making such a fuss over an annoying guy," Kristina stopped looking out the window. Ella shrugged and jokingly nodded her head sidewards.

    "I don't think so. It's only you he's annoying."

    "That's why it's even more annoying."

  Daniel still kept reading his book, but overheard the two girls' conversation. He sighed. Ella heard him and quickly stood up infront of his desk. "DANIEL!!!"

    "What?" He simply said.

    "Nothing!" She giggled. Kristina groaned and pulled her best friend away from him. "Leave the idiot and his stupid comic book alone."

    "An idiot reading a stupid comic book is better than a nerd reading a boring textbook." He shot back. Kristina gave him a death glare.

    "Hah. It only proves that I have a higher chance of winning the bet. No, don't let me stop you. You can enjoy reading those comic books to your heart's content."

    "Why thank you. I will."

  Ella poked her best friend. "What bet?"

  Kristina excitedly told her about the bet they made back at the beach. Whoever ranks the highest in the upcoming midterms gets one wish from the loser. Any wish. And Kristina evilly chuckled when she told Ella about her plan to get revenge on Daniel.

    "Aaaah." Ella glanced at him. "But are you really sure you'd win the bet? I know you're smart but... I mean, he may not look like it, but maybe that guy's secretly a genius."

  Kristina snorted. "Yeah. As if. There's no way he's winning. He's lazy, all he does is lie around and read his comic books. He probably doesn't even know a thing about what we discussed since last week. And to add it all up, he just transferred here last week too. I have a 98% chance of winning," she confidently smiled.