Chapter 57: Human

Start from the beginning

"Atticus..." He cries but his son is already gone.

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

"Ryan and Dallas," Atticus calls throwing a duffle bag on Orion's bed, "Put some clothes in this bag and some toys."

"Why?" Dallas asks.

"We're going on a field trip," Atticus says, "Pack."

Atticus leaves the twins room and walks into Scorpius' room who has the flu and was taking a nap.  Atticus walks over to his brother and shakes him awake.

"What Atti?" Scorpius wines, "I feel icky."

"I know you do bed," Atticus says smoothing his brother's hair down, "We're going on a trip and you can sleep there okay?"

"Okay."

Atticus packs his bag as well as Scorpius' and picks up his sleeping and sick brother. He walks down to the twins' room and hears more glass shattering from the kitchen and quickens his pace. The twins are ready and both hold an end of the bag. Atticus leads his brothers to the fireplace and they all stand in it.

"Grab Dallas hold Orion's hand and Orion grab my arm," Atticus instructs and takes a handful of Floo powder.

He says, "Aunt C and Uncle Fred's house," before throwing the powder down.

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

"Honey where is George's tiger?" Cass calls from another room.

"Check the kitchen," Fred sighs as he tries to pay bills.

A knock at his door surprise him and he walks up to answer it. Cass appears behind him and asks, "Who is it we weren't expecting anybody?"

"I don't know," Fred answers and opens it to find the faces of his four nephews, "Atticus."

"Sorry to barge in like this," Atticus says and walks in, "Aunt C Scorpious has the flu and he had medicine a while ago but I think it's worn off."

"Okay," Cass says and takes Scorpius from Atticus, "Hey Ryan and Dallas want a cookie? Come and follow me," she says and the twins trail behind her.

"Atticus what happened," Fred says as he shuts the door.

"It's dad," Atticus says, "Something is wrong with him. I heard things breaking in the kitchen and I went to go see if my dad was okay or needed help and when I walked in there was glass everywhere."

"Did he hurt you?" Fred says grabbing Atticus' shoulder and checking him for signs of injury.

"No, when I opened the door a bowl was coming at me but he moved it. He was crying and his eyes were red."

"Do you know why he was crying?"

"No, I left and as I was leaving he was throwing more. I didn't know what to do so I came over here," Atticus sniffs.

"No you did the right thing," Fred says and ruffles Atticus' hair, "I'm going to go see your dad. You stay here okay."

Atticus nods and Fred grabs his coat and a first aid kit before apparating away.

"Draco!" Fred roars as he enters the house.

The lights are dark and there's a foul smell in the air. Fred's mouth is pressed into a fine line as he ventures further into the house. He hears muffled sobs coming from the kitchen and pushes the door open. Fred's meet with a mess of a man as Draco sits in the middles of the kitchen surrounded by shattered glass and empty bottles of booze. He takes a step forward and the glass cracks under his feet and Draco looks up, red-faced, and puffy-eyed.