What's in a Name

Cameras flashed, videos were rolling, both the paparazzi and reporters that were welcomed in the public announcement were jumping over one another to get the scoop. Nezu, Aizawa, Present Mic, Midnight, and the police chief all sat at the panel. You watched the interview from Mei's computer, sandwiched between her and Kaminari at what seemed like the asscrack of dawn. Your phone buzzing with messages from your classmates about them all watching the interview, wishing you support.

"Principal Nezu!"

"Principal Nezu!"

"Present Mic!"

"Midnight look here!"

"Eraserhead! Over Here!"

"Principal Nezu!"

"Midnight, give us a pose!"

"Principal Nezu!"

"Don't you think you are putting the rest of the students at UA in danger by forcing them to be classmates with a murderer?" The female reporter elbowed her way to the front, her eyes as calculating as her words. This question was the first one that wasn't pointless. With the best smile a creature could muster, Nezu clapped his paws together. He scrambled to stand on the podium and looked down at the sea of reporters.

"[Name] is not a danger to any of her fellow students, in fact, despite knowing who she is, she has befriended many of her classmates." You really had grown up from the scared, panic fighter of a little girl you were when Nezu had first met you. He had full faith that you were not a legitimate threat to any of the students or civilians around you.

"Do you really you believe a killer can become a hero? Whose to say you are not being manipulated as she bides her time to return to a life of villainy." A man spoke up, waving his camera man to get a close up of the panel as he asked his questions.

"I have full faith in [Name] becoming a hero, if I didn't, I would never have elected to have her taken in by heroes and join UA." Anyone who knew Nezu well enough knew he was talking down to the reporter, like he was ignorant to even pose such a question. If anyone was a threat to the students, it definitely wasn't you.

"[Name] Tenshi has been monitored by the police since she came to Japan, she is a good kid and not a danger to any of her classmates nor any of you." The police captain spoke firmly, if the assurance of the pro-heroes wasn't enough, the police department vouching for your safety should be enough.

"What if you are wrong? She attacked Endeavor during the festival, could she have been behind the USJ Attack too? It would make sense, someone with blood like hers would definitely help the league of villains attack." You frowned, is that what people think of me? I knew they might not like me, but...Hizashi was ready to jump to his feet and give the pompous reporter a piece of his mind. Kayama put her hand on his shoulder and pushed him back into his seat, motioning towards Aizawa. He had a cold, unreadable look in his eyes.

"To think she was responsible for the USJ attack is illogical and completely irrational. [Name] fought like a hero, she risked her life to protect her classmates and I. If it weren't for her, I'd most likely be dead along with many of her classmates." His voice resonated through the microphone with clarity. Although Aizawa was not loud or flashy, when he spoke it seemed to make people listen. "And endeavor's case is a special one, rest assured it was warranted."

His tired, bloodshot eyes were not lidded, they were alert and determined. It made people look at him for once, perhaps out of fear or something else, it didn't matter. If they were going to listen, he was going to talk and shut down the stupid reporters so he could get the hell out of the interview.