Last time when your brother ran away, I drank a bottle of pesticides to kill myself. But they saved me somehow. " She sent.

I placed the phone on the table and looked at the message in disbelief. She wasn't kidding me about the suicide last time. Her next message came.

" This time, if you do something, I will definitely find a way that nobody can save me. I can't handle the disappointment again. " She texted.

I switched off my phone and was about to spiral back into the tragedy loop again.

What am I going to do?, if I do something, both my Amma and Anjali will make sure that I won't live my future in peace.

I cried myself to sleep that night.

Next day I talked with Hari in the morning and that's when I knew that, I wasn't the only one going to be affected by this, the " Chance " that I had regretted for the past two years will shatter Aparna's heart too.

The person I was day I told her my regret of not being able to be with her and the person I am now are very different. Then, I didn't have a suicide threat from anyone. Now, I am done.

Should I tell her that I was not brave enough to try? That I was not brave enough to risk disappointing my parents? Should I tell her that I don't want to give a fake promise to her?

She won't listen, her free spirited nature will push her to try again. And If she tried one more time, all my wall would break and I would definitely run after her again.

Hurting her was necessary. I thought to myself.

I wasn't even courageous to stop her. Only I knew the pain I went through. The ten metres she walked away from her, felt like miles together. Gone is gone.

It was nearly evening and Karthik left early.

I was packing my bag when Hari caught my hand. All the disappointment he had in his face in the morning was gone.

" Come with me, we are eating out " Hari said.

" What? " I asked.

" Yeah, your parents are not yet home. It will be a break " He said.

" Okay " I said and followed him.

Hari sat on my bike and started telling directions to the restaurant.

On the way, suddenly I started to recognize the path. It was the same route we took to copper kitchen that day.

He asked me to stop exactly before the same restaurant. I glared at him.

" Are you nuts! I am not coming here! " I shouted.

" Shwetha is here dude. Come. The food is great though. Last time we missed it. " Hari said and dragged me in.

Shwetha was waiting for us on a four seater table. She waved at us as soon as she saw us.

I internally groaned and walked to the table. So many memories were gushing in, the taste of disappointment that I faced here, still felt the same.

We sat down and the waiter came.

" We would order after another person comes " Shwetha said. And the waiter left.

I looked her confused.

She and Hari were speaking in their sign language. I opened my phone and started playing games.

" Finally, there she is! " Shwetha said.

I turned back to look at who was coming.

The girl who was walking towards us, was the biggest shock I had on my entire life. My phone slipped from my hand and fell down. I cared less about it because I was sure I was hallucinating.