Chapter Seven - We Keep Meeting Like This

Start from the beginning

It's embarrassing that I was feeling jealous of Leila because Cindy was loving her more than she loved me. It's more embarrassing that I knew that Cindy hated my guts but I still loved her.

"Rio, did you see the picture?" Dalilah asked with a grin, grabbing my mother's and Leila's attention towards me.

"Picture? What picture?" I acted stupidly.

"Check your messages, brother." Dalilah rolled her eyes.

I pretended to scroll through my phone and said, "Yeah, what about it?"

"Aren't they so cute," Dalilah said in awe.

I glanced at Leila who was already looking at me and said, "When was Cindy never cute?"

I know...It's a terrible thing to do, but I'm not going to call Leila cute, am I?"

Dalilah and my mother glared at me, giving me a disapproving look. Leila looked down as if she was embarrassed about what happened, but quickly composed herself and acted as if it didn't affect her.

"Anyways, are we still up for the club tonight?" I turned to my sister.

"Yeah, but Angelica is coming..." My sister huffed, knowing that I wouldn't go to the club if Angelica was coming.

"Rio, please come!" Dalilah pleaded as she stood up and stood in front of me.

"You know I don't like her," I replied, avoiding looking at anyone.

"Just come and ignore her...It's not like I like her either," she said, rolling her eyes.

"I don't trust you, sister." I shook my head as I remembered the last time I listened to her. Dalilah and Adam; her fiancé, left us alone so Angelica could get closer to me. I ended up leaving her alone at the club because I hated her guts, still do.

"I am sorry about last time, okay? I promise I won't do it again," she said.

"Take Leila with you!" My mother suddenly blurted out, making Leila and I look at her with widened eyes.

"Oh my god, yes! Leila you should come," Dalilah excitedly said, turning towards Leila.

"I'd prefer not to come," Leila said as I exhaled in relief.

"But why?" my mother asked this time.

Leila hesitantly said, "Well, I just don't feel like it. Besides, I am pregnant, I might get tired and ruin your night."

Before anyone could say anything, I jumped in, "Exactly! Besides, dad and I have a business to discuss with Leila, so neither she nor I are free."

"But you were coming not 5 minutes ago!" Dalilah exclaimed.

"Yeah, that was before I knew Angelica is coming," I replied, crossing my brows in confusion. My sister should have known that I wouldn't go out if her sister-in-law was coming.

"You're no fun, Demetrio!" Dalilah grumbled as she strolled out of the living room.

I turned my gaze to my mother only to see her hiding her smile. I narrowed my eyes at her, trying to figure out what she was thinking, but I learned over the years that I could never understand my mother...or women in general.

I looked at Cindy only to find her licking Leila's hand, making her giggle. I huffed and stormed to my room.

That was unbelievable. Cindy never and I mean never licked my hand unless I was sad. Wait, does that mean that Leila was sad?

I shook my head to get rid of the thoughts and went to the bathroom to take a quick shower. Once I was done, I walked back to my room only in time as a knock on the door halted my movements.

I looked down at the towel wrapped around my torso and figured that it was okay since it could only be either my mother or Dalilah.

I twisted the door handle and opened the door, only to find Leila holding Cindy standing in front of me.

Her eyes widen as she stared at my body, making me fight the smirk that itched to come out. I cleared my throat, getting her attention back to my face.

"S-Sorry...we keep meeting like this," she said, making me chuckle. "Here's Cindy," she said, handing her to me.

I took her and hugged her to my chest...the one that Leila couldn't seem to take her eyes off.

"Is that it?" I asked, cutting her from her staring.

"Umm...you said something about business, did something happen?"

"I'll tell you later when my father comes."

"Okay." She nodded and slowly walked away.

I closed the door and sat on the bed with Cindy on my lap. "Why do you hate me, Cin?"

She meowed and got out of my grasp, running away from me.

Great.