Chapter 4

I'm alive and finally updating, shocker I know. 

Little fact about me, I'm low key (high key) psychic and I read tarot cards. I want to do a little 'give away' to show my gratitude for all the support you guys give me and give 5 of you a free tarot reading. Comment down below if you guys are interested and then I'll sort something out 💕 

Also, I honestly love you guys. I know I'm always MIA, but I see all the comments and messages and they just make me smile, and it's the reason why I finally have the motivation to update this story. 

I'll be updating my other story soon. 

-----

Blood rushed to my cheeks, warming my skin and tinting it red. It seemed like the whole world was frozen and the only thing that mattered was the Original Hybrid in front of me. Niklaus Mikaelson was an enigma, ravingly cold one moment, and passionately warm the next. Perhaps it's his vampiric and werewolf side fighting for dominance. Only time could tell which would win. Would it be the undead heart of a thousand year old vampire, or the longing of family and unity of a lone wolf? As his lips grazed my cheek, it felt like bolts of sizzling lightning coursed through my veins, bringing me to life.

'Because I want you.'

I would be lying if I said I didn't want him as well. Despite all the bad blood between him and my family, there was something within me that called towards Klaus. The feeling only grew stronger by day. Whenever I tried to resist, it felt like I was being suffocated, like the invisible hands of Death were gripping me.

"Why?" It took all my strength to snap out of my daze, I needed to understand for the sake of my sanity.

Klaus looked at me with furrowed brows, as if he too didn't fully understand. Could he feel the same as I do? Does he feel a strange attraction that for some unholy reason just felt right?

Questions clouded my mind, but I couldn't speak any of them aloud. Years of having to stay silent have obviously affected me more than I'd care to admit. It's still difficult for me to truly voice my thoughts and feelings. Sometimes I wondered why I even stepped out of the shadows.

"I've given you my word that no harm will befall young Jeremy," Klaus spoke, completely changing the topic as he took a step away from me, "now, if you need a lift back into town, I'm sure one of my hybrids could drive you there."

Scrunching my nose I shook my head, "I'll finish the walk, alone."

For a split second, I swore I saw a flash of pain in his expression, as if me wanting to be away from him was hurtful.

"Very well love, I enjoyed our walk," Klaus had a cheeky grin, I swore the hybrid was bipolar. One moment he's all sappy, then butt hurt, and the next back to his egoistic self. Perhaps that's his coping mechanism, just burying everything and pretending to be okay.

"I'll see you-" I tilted my head with a raised eyebrow, "you know what, I'd rather not. Goodbye Niklaus Mikaelson, and may our paths never cross again." With that being said, I quickly walked away, leaving the hauntingly handsome hybrid to stand alone.

Ignoring the pain in my chest, I tried to convince myself that this was the right decision to make. However, the feeling of loss settled over me like looming smog, poisonous and crippling. The feeling of being incomplete was heart-wrenching.

---

The moment I stepped into the family home, I was bombarded by questions from everyone.

"How could you just go like that Clary? That was irresponsible of you," Elena scolded, "what if Klaus used you as a hostage?"