Chapter Three

Chapter Three Rewritten 

------

Peaceful. Summer was undeniably peaceful. I was thankful I knew how to hunt for food, otherwise I would have became broke with the little money I had with me when I left Mystic Falls. After completing my GED online, I spent my time looking through all the files John had in the flash drive, relentlessly researching. I found it interesting and strangely enjoyable. Some might find the thought of research repulsive, but I found it calming. It was a mundane contrast to the hectic whirlwind that was Mystic Falls. Although I couldn't explain my werewolf side, I knew that my magic most likely stemmed from having Traveler ancestors. The Petrova bloodline was a mystery, one I aimed to solve. My theory was that Katherine's daughter, or someone in my bloodline must have had a child with a werewolf. However, the werewolf gene was dominant, thus Elena must have it too, which seemed impossible. The other theory, though less likely, would be that my werewolf side wasn't genetic. That would mean that something, or someone, made me the way I am. And if that was the case, I would have to figure out why. A part of me told me that it has something to do with a certain Original, especially because of what the spirits called me at the witch's house.

A ring from my phone brought me out of my thoughts, as I picked up the call I stared out at the forest I was currently in. Although I loved nature, I found that the woodlands of Virginia was like no other. It was home.

"Hello," I answered.

"Little witch, we need you back," Damon said, shocking me. The last time someone called me was Elena and Jeremy, and it was to tell me that Jenna was sacrificed as part of the ritual. When I heard the news I was distraught. I didn't know what to say or how to feel. Jenna became a parental figure after our parents death, and although we weren't close, she was family. It caused me to become more wary about my feelings towards Niklaus. I didn't know why I still felt such a pull towards him, even after he murdered Jenna. There's a part of me that was disgusted, not only at him, but at myself for wanting him. Yet, another part that loses all sense of sanity, and never want to part with him. It was conflicting, and something I might never understand.

"What's wrong?" I asked Damon through the phone with a frown etched on my face.

"It's Klaus, he's back."

"I'm on my way."

What Damon told me made my heart pound in fear and excitement. Fear for my family's safety, yet excitement to be able to see him again, and possibly figure out the bond we share.

..............................

When I arrived back at Mystic Falls, I drove straight to the Salvatore's house. It seemed that whenever something happens in this dreadful town, everyone would regroup in the boarding house.

"Damon?" I called out when I arrived.

"Do you always go into people's homes uninvited?" The oldest Salvatore asked as he walked towards me.

"I brought you bourbon," I said as I waved the bottle at him.

"You're underaged," he said with a raised brow as he grabbed the bottle.

"I'm a witch," with a grin, I walked past him, "now tell me what mess you've all gotten your selves into."

Making myself comfortable, I sat on a couch in the living room.

"It turns out that Klaus never threw his sibling's body into the sea," Damon spoke as he made himself a glass of Bourbon I brought for him, "he kept them daggered in coffins. And Stefan decided to steal them from him, right after we all planned to kill Klaus using his psycho father."