Z land pt.6

P.O.V Riss

Yedam: N-no, n-no, no, no, no, no, Asa-Asahi, not you please...- He said as he stepped back tripping over a branch and falling straight onto the ground.

Riss: No...- I said as I felt my eyes get filled with tears, I didn't talk to Asahi that much but the short conversation I had with him when we all slept at the place Wonho found before, I will never forget.

Flashback:

I couldn't sleep at all, every time I tried to close my eyes a vivid image on one of those monsters would appear on my mind.

I rolled over once again trying to find some sort of comfortable position to get some kind of rest.

Asahi: Hey, can't sleep?- I heard him whisper almost giving me a heart attack.

Riss: I thought you were asleep.- I said running a hand through my hair.

Asahi: I kind of was but you moving on the other side of the bed it's kind of impossible to do it.- He said as he smiled.

Riss: Sorry about that.- I said looking away.

Asahi: It's okay, I like late-night conversations either way.- He said as he laughed, making me laugh as well.

Asahi: So anyway, what's the reason you can't sleep?- He asked now turning his whole body towards me.

Riss: Well, I'm worried about Em, about the future, about making it alive the next day, just... Everything feels so surreal... I don't know, I'm probably just being dramatic or something.- I said shaking my head.

Asahi: No, it's...normal to think that, I mean no one would have imagined that an apocalypse like this could happen, and yeah it's terrifying and all but...I kind of find some comfort in this situation.- He said looking at the ceiling.

Riss: Really?- I asked a little confused.

Asahi: Yeah, I like to take this situation as some kind of opportunity, I know we could die in any moment, and I know that we could lose people anytime soon...but think of it in this way, we are no longer ruled by other people, there's no more people telling us what we have to do at what time and all, so we are kind of free in some way, I don't know, it's probably not the best advice in the world but it sure does help me to sleep at night, just living every day to the fullest...- He said as his voice was slowly getting lower and lower.

Riss: I guess you are right... I never thought of it that way...- I started saying, as I slowly felt myself slip away little by little, falling asleep finally.

End of Flashback.

I never got to thank him for that...even if we didn't talk much, that small conversation had a lot of meaning to me...

I felt this heavy sensation in my chest, as if my heart was being crushed, my throat closed and I felt my knees getting weak, I was about to fall onto the floor next to Yedam, but I couldn't.

The Rotter was getting closer, it wasn't running, but it also wasn't that slow, I looked at its feet and I could see one of his ankles was completely broken, the right foot was being dragged every time the Rotter took a step.

Yedam was still crying when I noticed I had to make a decision, it will only be for the best. I stood up as I wiped the tears from my face, I took my katana out of its case and I pointed it towards the Rotter.

Yedam: Riss, no... please don't.- He said as he tried to stop me.

Riss: Yedam, that thing is no longer Asahi...he's gone.- I said as I raised my katana diagonally ready to make the final move.