My Dear Daughter

Thomas ran through the corridors in the hospital to find Arthur. He asked the reception about him to find out where he could be then. 

The nurse behind the desk told him the girl Zoe Shelby  had been admitted for a respiratory disease and that she was in a room on the second floor.Once Tommy got the information, started to run through the hospital halls again until he finally found the room. 

Arthur was standing out of the closed door of the room. "What the fuck has happened, Arthur?" Thomas asked discontentedly."I was smoking..." Arthur started to talk with his voice fluttering."I was smoking a cigar. She started coughing heavily and wanted me to stop smoking."

"Then why didn't you fucking stop?" Tommy shouted. Arthur, with his silence, refused to answer. Tommy turned his back and pushed his hand on his lips. "Why would you want that ill girl in the gang, Tom?" Thomas didn't answer therefore Arthur asked again"Why, Tommy?"

"I've made a deal... a fucking deal and I need her." Said Tommy. "What deal?" Arthur was confused so he just asked another question.

"Soon, we will own a fucking oil well, Arthur. If only she stays alive." 

"What the fuck?!" Arthur was now even more confused. "Yes, that girl costs an oil well." Tommy said it browbeating. "Who is she Tommy, eh?" Arthur wondered. "A princess." Said Tom.

***

Tommy was walking around the room and waiting for Zoe to wake up. "Fuck you, Arthur." He whispered. Tommy plunged his fingers inside his hair and scratched the skin he could touch. 

Arthur had told the receptionist that Zoe's family name was Shelby. The nurses nattered about this and now, everyone in the city kept asking about his unknown relative while he had no answers for getting rid of them. 

The sound of someone coughing stopped him pondering. He looked as Zoe was trying to say something. But Zoe just coughed. He walked towards her and tried to calm her by pushing her back on her bed. "Where am I?" Tommy heard Zoe asking this when coughing. "Birmingham Hospital. Just don't move, let me call the doctor." 

Zoe threw back her head on the pillow and looked at Thomas leaving the room. She wanted to call him and ask him to stay but she could not open her lungs for inhaling air so she just gave up trying and focused on breathing. 

It didn't take long until Tommy came back with a doctor in a white cover. "So you woke up Zo..." He said with a big smile on his face. 

Tommy stood by her bed and took a hand of hers: "Yes, my dear daughter is finally awaken." He pushed is fingers on her hand. Zoe understood what he meant. Thomas had told them she was his daughter but why the hell in the world would he say such a thing?

Doctor, pretending to be kind, asked some questions and told Zoe things she had already known about her disease. So she just pretended to be unaware of it. She thought it would be better for both of them_Thomas and Zoe.

Doctor, this time, turned to Tom:"Mr. Shelby, didn't you know about her having TB?" Tommy said something as soon as he found an answer: "Actually, she used to stay with her mother. I hadn't been really informed that she was even born."

A familiar story for Zoe. This was like the same movie with different actors...